Depressing stat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Watching the game they posted info about the last team to lose a game and how they ended up.

The last 7:

5 made it to the Superbowl and all lost.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I want a super bowl win, but a super bowl appearance exceeds expectations of this team (at least before about week 5). Let's not pretend like going to the superbowl and losing would be depressing, it's been 9 years since we've been there.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd be depressed if we lost. If we don't win I'd couldn't care less if we finished 0 - 16

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

forget the stats, this is once again, a team of destiny

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

the Colts went 9-0 and won the superbowl I believe, or there was a team on that list that did win the superbowl..not all of them lost it.

Besides, thats just how the cards were drew. Doesn't mean anything. Not really depressing...I think it would be more depressing losing 4 or 5 games at this point and having to fight for a wildcard spot.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

How about this other stat?

Only two teams have won a Sb with a 10 wins record. none with 9.

Also, the most repeated record in Sb winners is 14-2, and second is 13-3 so we can afford to lose one or two more ;)

SO, WE ARE ON OUR WAY :)

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Gunny . . . I don't really believe you would trade a season with a super bowl appearance for a 0-16 record. I want to win the damn thing two, but I will take this season with a super bowl loss over 0-16 . . . not even close to the same thing. Or were you laying on the sarcasm there?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well I wouldn't be happy with an 0 - 16 season so it was partially sarcasm but what do you have losing a superbowl and going 0 - 16?

Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the season and would be happy to go to the Superbowl.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

SB appeance make a team Conference Champions and there are trophies and blingy things for the players and such. BA was quite pleased when the Titans won him the AFC in 99

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that stat may be true but buying into it is bull****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar