Breaking News Denver trading for Flacco

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Of that list I don’t hate the drafting of osweiler or siemien. Hind sight tells us they were a waste but only a 2nd and 7th spent.
    Lynch move looks bad because he traded up and everyone knew Keenum was going to get overpaid, Denver just needed a QB.
    Flacco May have a resurgence in Denver. He was never great but I think he’s alright as a starter.
    So, good move manning, ok move osweiler/Siemien, bad move Lynch and keenum(although kind of necessary), our for judgement move Flacco.

2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Lynch was awful and Keenum was a half-measure which obviously failed (much like Flacco).

But Seimian and Osweiller are decent backup caliber QBs who won games for them and netted them picks via trade or comp picks (they got a 3rd for Osweiller). Not much needs to be said for Peyton. He really just made a terrible first round selection which set them back a few years. Not to mention the terrible hire of Joseph. I think that he still will possibly draft a QB like Lock. If he's betting his career on Flacco, then he should start packing.

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

It’s been a revolving door at that position since Elway took over outside of Manning. This move looks desperate considering what Denver is taking on. A 4th and picking up Flacco’s remainding contract which I doubt Denver does after this year. Flacco is serviceable at best, he sure as hell isnt worth 18.5mil. Ravens are eating16m in dead money which that in itself is nuts. This trade just seems idiotic by both sides and both these teams are going to be impacted negatively for different reasons by it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Since Elway retired their best QB outside of Manning was Jake “the snake” Plummer

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

After Elway retired they also got a great season out of Brian griese and Steve beuerlei had a decent year or 2.

They also had a strange year where Bubby Brister played good for like a 6 game stretch coming off the bench.

Edit: just looked it up. I misremembered Brister having a “good” run. He just played. And beuerlein didn’t play well for Denver. He had his good seasons in Carolina.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

One of the worst GM's in recent memory. He better be lucky he found gold in Manning or else he would've never been afforded this long to run the ship in Denver.

7. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

**** that, Marcus is going to take us to the Super Bowl!!!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What row?

9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

NCAA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar