Dennis Dixon Anyone?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by vslyke, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He was easily the best QB in the NCAA last year before he blew his knee out. He plays similarly to VY and we could get him for a second day pick. IMO, he would be the perfect candidate to rehab this year, take over the back-up job from Collins, and then we could trade like Schaub. Or, if he was better than VY, we could trade VY or cut like the Jags did with Leftwich. Here's some video of him working out last week:
    http://www.dennisdixon10.com/qbdrills/pro_day_april_3/pro_day_april_3.html
    IMO, he's a no-brainer in the 4th round. Thoughts?

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Trade VY? thats funny

A no brainer in the 4th? Are you feeling ok? To even suggest we use a 4th round on a QB is hilarious. We need a WR, DT, DE, CB and a RB in the draft.

3. vslyke

Just in the .1% of a chance that Dixon becomes Steve Young. It's much more likely he would be our Schaub rather than Vince becoming our Leftwich. :vince:

And further more, we have two 4th rounders. If we take WR, DT, DE, and a CB with our first four picks, Dixon could be our 5th pick which is very late in the 4th. And I'd rather just sign another RB rather than drafting one.

4. titansfan4eva24

what RB are we gonna sign? There is crap left. If our FO drafts a QB before the 7th round i would seriously have to question their thought process

5. vslyke

Michael Pittman. And we still have Chris Henry who we shouldn't give up on yet. And Collins isn't going to last forever, and Dixon is a good developemental prospect who could pay big dividends later.

6. titansfan4eva24

Im sorry, I just highly doubt they would gamble an early pick like that on a rookie QB coming off a TORN ACL. If he went undrafted, then yeah sign him and put him on the practice squad for a bit then have him challenge for the backup job. We have many more needs. Pittman? If Steve Slaton is their in the 3rd or 4th he would be a perfect fit for what we need in a change of pace back.

7. vslyke

Isn't Chris Henry supposed to be the change of pase back? Last year, LenDale looked like a bust and I wouldn't pick another RB so early.

A late 4th rounder is an early pick? Is a 7th rounder? And he seems to rehabbing quite well.

And is that Vince is your thumbnail?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

denis dixon will get drafted in the 6th or 7th.

he blew his knee out, is way to skinny, doesn't have the arm strength and his ability to play baseball will scare teams away.

9. titansfan4eva24

I would rather waste a 7th pick on a QB with a torn acl then a 4th. I can tell you right now it wont happen. Chris Henry cant even see where the holes are. We need another RB, it is well known. Slaton has the speed and game changing skills we need on our offense.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

lendale didnt look like a bust. he's just an average power back. sadly, that's acceptable at BSP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar