Delay in Ruling Could Spark McNair Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: It has been rumored the delayed decision in Steve McNair's grievance to June 1 could restart trade talks between the Ravens and the Tennessee Titans. If this is the case, then finding the value for McNair appears to be the first hurdle. The consensus among former NFL executives is McNair only merits a second-day draft pick. "If [the Titans] get more than a fourth-round pick, they ought to give Reese a big raise," said Gil Brandt, a former Dallas Cowboys executive. "People are smart enough to know that he is going to be released unless they can redo his contract. There's no purpose to trade and give up the store for that guy." The Lions received a conditional sixth-round pick from the Miami Dolphins for Harrington on May 12. That selection escalates to a fifth-round choice if Harrington's playing time reaches a designated amount of games. A conditional pick - one that increases based on playing time, amount of wins or a playoff appearance - could be the best way to bridge the gap between the Ravens and the Titans.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

That sounds like an ok deal

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

To me too,

We might not get anything at all, so at least a 5th is better

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If we did trade him for a conditional pick, does that mean we cheer for the Ravens (except when they play us) so we can get a higher pick? That would be a weird twist. I agree that no matter what, we need to get something in return for McNair.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Reese was willing to trade for a fifth, he'd done it.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

At the very least we are free of the cap clog.:sad2:

Poor Augustus Gloop.

What are you at getting your cap terribly fat?
    What do you think will come of that?
    I don't like the look of it!

[​IMG]

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

5th to a 4th sounds doable.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

NO! Not me.
    In no way, shape, or form will I ever cheer for the Ravens.....under ANY circumstance.

Everyone hates the Colts, for good reason. With the re-alignment of the divisions and the fact that they have owned us.....but the Ravens are the original. The arrogant coach, the arrogant players......

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll throw up in my beer the moment I see McNair and Biglick all buddy-buddy on the sidelines talking over a play during a timeout.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

PFT was speculating the the arbitrator is delaying his decision to encourage the teams to work it out on their own. Which makes sense, I dont see how it would take two weeks to rule on this. TO's hearing was a lot more complicated and it was resolved in 5 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar