Delanie Walker to Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well think about the Cook highlights, most of his plays came while he was wide open. Atleast he can make plays in traffic like a TE should. I am not going to say he is the next Wycheck or anything, just a very solid upgrade.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Thats a more level headed statement. His hands are suspect but he is athletic, way more versatile, can be on the field all 3 downs, brings energy (cook never showed emotion), and is just as fast. I'll take that for a little over half of what Cook demanded.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea let's not get ahead of ourselves and pretend Walker is an upgrade. He can do some great things Cook can't though, that's for sure.

Cook's highlights may come when he's wide open, but he's getting open for a reason.

I do love the Walker signing.

5. Bryan Jones

Bryan Jones Practice Squad

Been checking the forums for over 6 months. I figured today was as good a day as any to join the forums.

Wish signing was like 3 mil., but Im thrilled to have a GM that is serious about filling the holes on our team!

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

here is a great interview with Walker. He is going to be on the field a bunch. I question whether we will carry a FB on the roster or whether this will be a role that Walker will handle as well.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL, can catch the ball pretty well, and can line up almost anywhere. I'll take him over the one dimensional Cook who is going to cost a lot more. Obviously Walker isn't at the receiving/athleticism level of Cook but Walker will be even more valuable.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I bet Walker gets the last laugh over Cook.

Solid pick up.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hey look, we're actually trying to build a contending team this year. Now what took us so damn long.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Here's the things I like about Walker

~ He can block. He could instantly help out the run game and seal the edge on stretch plays. He also won't signal the play call if he's on the field. He can stay on for run or pass plays.

~ He's still a vertical threat. He may not be as large of a target, but he's still athletic and can still stretch the field and get YAC.

~ He can play FB. If our numbers get low he could give us a spark at fullback. Thompson could still develop into something and Stevens is solid. We've got a solid tro.

~ His value extends beyond him. I think he could bring a good attitude to the team. He brings aggressiveness on offense that we desperately need. Another weapon on special teams. A TE who is a screen threat.

I was upset to hear about Cook leaving but glad to hear we got Walker. I'll take the trade. Kind of like the VY for Jake Locker swap. I support it and feel it was a move in the right direction.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar