Delanie Walker named in second lawsuit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans tight end Delanie Walker is facing another lawsuit.

Walker and former 49ers teammate Aldon Smith were named in a second lawsuit filed this week in California stemming from an incident that left one man shot and Smith stabbed.

According to NBC Bay area, an attorney for Aaron Reyes, who is a friend of Ronndale Esporles, the plaintiff in the first lawsuit filed earlier this week, has filed a civil lawsuit against Walker.

Both lawsuits stem from a 2012 house party Smith hosted at his San Jose home, and Walker attended.

Per the report, Reyes said, like Esporles, he received serious, catastrophic and permanent injuries after Walker and Smith allegedly fired weapons illegally on numerous occasions during the party, which sparked more gunfire.

In the lawsuit filed for Reyes, per NBC Bay Area, he claims Smith and Walker knew of gang members at the party who were armed with weapons on the premises.

On Wednesday, Walker said he was caught off-guard with the first lawsuit, and the timing.

“Most definitely I was shocked, to see something like that on national TV with my name put through the mud,’’ Walker said. “But I’m not focusing on that.

“At the moment I am just focusing on playing Pittsburgh, and get ready for this week. I can’t worry about something that happened a year-and-a-half ago. I am not focusing on it at all.”

The Titans signed Walker to a four-year, $17.5 million contract in March. He spent his first seven NFL seasons with the 49ers.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Was kind of concerned til I figured out this is the lawyer pushing this.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Call Saul!

So someone else shot this guy but he sues Walker because he also fired a weapon that day? Even Saul couldn't sell that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Isn't there a statute of limitations on how long after an incident that you only have a certain amount of time that you can submit charges/lawsuits etc?

2012 and this is just now coming out?

5. JCBRAVE

Im sure there is, but 2012 was just 9 months ago

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The minimum SoL of most crimes (civil or criminal) is >= 1 year.

I can't think of many that are shorter than a year.

7. GL2814

GL2814 Starter

It happened in the offseason of 2012, so it was over a year ago. The fact that they waited this long to sue is a little weird.

8. JCBRAVE

Naa, this may have very well been set in motion months ago, lawsuits take a long time to get worked out.

9. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

This sucks. Walker is a big part of the offensive plan moving forward. Sounds like he needs some new friends. Lets hope he doesn't hang around Britt.

10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I'm sure it was just a big misunderstanding. Firing your guns in the air to get people to leave your party happens all of the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar