Defensive End a Big Need Going into Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Having said that, enjoy the return game in 07...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

There are only three DE's rated in the top 20 for the 2007 draft. Why would you assume they would all be gone when we pick? Would a team that desperately needs a QB or RB take a DE just because he is highly rated? No, they will take the most talented player at that position at the time they pick. The odds that of out of 18 teams using their #1 picks, that four of them would take a DE are astronomical. Calvin Johnson, Russell, Laron Landry, Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson are going to go very early. So that leaves 13 teams ahead of us, and you think out of those 13 that they will take 3 or 4 DE's before we pick? Interesting thinking.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Off the top of my head, we have CJ, Russell, Quinn, Landry, AP, Adams, Thomas, and Okoye who will almost definately be gone before our pick. Left from that are 10 selections with 3 top DE's. I agree that there seems to be a very reasonable chance that at least one of them drops to us. That still doesn't guarantee that we'll go DE though. Our GM might not have one of them ranked very highly or one of the other top prospects might slide on draft day.

4. Moss might easily qualify as a 4th DE in that category.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

ESPN has Adams, Anderson, Carriker then Moss at #20. I think Okoye is the sleeper. He's an underclassman, and has a motor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/index

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are correct....I missed Carriker.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Okoye isn't a sleeper. He is a lock for the top 10. He also doesn't play DE.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Haha! I was going to say the exact same thing. I don't think TNThunder has looked at any mocks in the last 3 months. :banned:

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

ESPN, on one of the draft specials, was saying he could also play DE. He's got the speed.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's got the speed, but he's also still going to grow a little bit, which would make him more likely to be a DE. However, he's not a DE now. The 3 "top" DEs are Adams, Anderson, and Carriker. I think Moss is a reach at 19, and it's unlikely that any of the top three drop. If any do, I'd gladly take them, and I think the FO would too. However, it's not likely. DE is a major position for a lot of teams. Adams is probably going top 6, I'd bet both Carriker and Anderson are both gone after the Jags pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar