Defensive End a Big Need Going into Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Among the many needs the Titans will look to begin addressing in the 2007 NFL Draft will be defensive end. Finding someone to take the pressure off of Kyle Vanden Bosch who faced double-teams most of last season. Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy have both had issue staying on the field and being consistent. "It's an area we need to address, and I think the interesting thing is there are some individuals at defensive end that have different skill sets. Some are rushers. Some are really good at playing the run," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. "I think as you go forward, we're going to see fewer and fewer guys that play every snap at defensive end. I think you'll see more situational guys who do come in and help against the run and guys who come in on third and long and rush the passer on the edge. I think that does help you address it in the draft."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The Titans need to take a DE in the 1st round. It is one of their biggest needs.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Thank You! Someone finally said it.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i love how 2 days after gotitans.com says reciever is a pressing need they go out and say DE is our biggest need...

i say go for Ted Ginn jr. in the first, if hes there, if not, go for Jamaal Anderson.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

not sure if that is directed at my post or not. I have been saying a DE from the start. We don't need a stinking WR in the 1st or 2nd round :))

defense is where the Titans need the most help

6. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Our defense was dead last in 2006. Drafting Ginn, Bowe, or Meacham will not fix that one bit. We gotta stop the run and get the ball back to VY.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

People have been saying it for months
    and it is true .... it needs to be addressed

but remember who the talent pool is at picks #19 - 30
    Carriker will likey be gone. same for Anderson
    after that you have a group of guys that might slip to the 2nd
    we've had a visit from an end projected in the 3rd

we can always get guys like Spencer, Abiamri, Moses, Crowder, Bazuin, Woodley, etc.. later on and I wouldn't reach for Moss considering our scheme. If we played a 3-4 then Moss would be my guy

so, as easy as it is to say "1st Round = DE" it does carry a caveat
    mine is that if Carriker or Anderson are gone then we wait

I think I've decided to go BPA here. if i's a DE then fabulous, if it's not - so be it

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Exactly. No way we pass on a WR, CB, DT or even a S or LB if a guy sitting there is much higher rated than the best DE available. If we just have to have a DE we might as well trade down in that situation but even then we still don't get the highest rated guy which is what I would want. I would take Revis or Willis ahead of a second tier DE. Of course who knows how the Titans have these guys rated.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thats someting i said a long time ago, the titans arent going to go into the draft knowing what position they are going to get, they will select the best player at the 19 spot, to get the most value out of it.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think taking Anderson would solve this problem to a degree. Haynesworth+Anderson in the middle would be scary...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar