Defensive Backs. How Good Are They?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

Nope, was Brown.

UCLA Football: NFL Draft Profile - LB Jayon Brown

In Jayon Brown’s first two seasons in Westwood, he had primarily been a special teams player, but, when Myles Jack was lost in 2015 due to a knee injury, Jayon was the guy who was asked to step up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I think he's going to be pretty noticeable. I think early Vrabel and Pees will use him in specific situation that will make him stand out. By mid year I think he'll get a fair share of snaps.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd love if thats the case, we have a lot of guys coming due for new contracts, be nice to save money with our early draft picks stepping up early on in their careers

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Great.

But are we also going to count the tons of ints that were dropped?

Or the one where Mariota literally threw it directly to the path of 2 Chiefs... and it was luckily batted directly back to him?

For every int you can blame on a receiver- there are 3 more should-be ints that Mariota lucked out on.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

He had a solid 2016 because they had the 3rd best rushing offense in the league. It's the coaches job to evolve and game plan. In 2017 defenses knew how to stop them, stack the box since they knew there would only usually be 2 to 3 guys running routes. The coaches didn't adjust, got figured out and the whole offense regressed because of it.

Yet when Mariota took over the offense in games, things opened up and they looked like a legit unit. Because they were playing a modern scheme instead of that "exotic smashmouff" BS.

Of course there's mechanics to clean up, which was the main focus during offseason. But to think his *down* 2017 was due to fundamentals and not the coaches' scheme being figured out is ridiculous. Add to that the fact most legit sources actually say Mariota improved in 2017 in terms of actually being a QB. But was saddled with a dinosaur coaching staff. Yet you ignore the facts because it doesn't fit your agenda, shocking....

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

Absolutely. Would be nice for JR to know he only needs 1 OLB extended (or brought in during FA I suppose) and Landry can be a starter next season. Then draft another early next draft and golden.

I just think Landry is the perfect package guy, a chess piece who will get lots of opportunities to make big plays as the extra guy. He's got the speed and talent, and is coming into a great situation where he doesn't have to be THE GUY this year. Come in, learn the defense and NFL, learn on the job while the team already has legit starters. Great situation IMO.

7. Deuce Wayne

They stacked the box in 2016 also.

Difference was- Marcus could actually hit open receivers that year.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

Or Murray wasn't a shell of his former self....

9. Deuce Wayne

Didn't help that he saw more people in the box due to teams not respecting our QB.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Formations dictate that

Run 2 TEs often and guess what, box gets packed

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar