Defensive Backs. How Good Are They?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I am blaming coaching

Now you get it

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You the type of dude to go to your kid's classroom blaming the teacher because "he made a B last year in your class! His grade MUST be your fault now!"

Nah bro.

You can't praise Mariota for 2016 yet blame the same system for his struggles in 2017.

3. JCBRAVE

That's a terrible analogy

And yes I can blame the same system. 2017 we called less of the good stuff in an effort to get ahead of defenses, that's stupid to do. Call different stuff to keep them guessing but dont dump the things he did best...

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

He's referring to the pick against the Stoolers where he stopped his route and just stood there, when he was supposed to come back for the ball. Had he worked his way back towards MM8 it would have been incomplete instead of a pick. Not sure if there were other instances of this poor route running, I can only think of this one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

What was the upside to that play? The CB was right where Mariota was looking to throw the ball, Davis would have been nailed as soon as he caught it, and it would have been for a minimal gain, if not a disastrous outcome. But it's apparently how it should have been executed, since Mularkey threw Davis under the bus. I guess that someone should tell Sean Payton that he needs to add more 3 yard comeback routes to his playbook.

#45 abc2330, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I just equate most of your posts as farts. I just stand back until the fumes die back.

• LOL LOL x 4
  7. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

J Brown had a good season for a 5th. He gets lost on run plays and washed out by G's way to easily. He also was about league avg on passing downs.

Again, rookie 5th rounder, did well, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Potential is there.

8. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

Wasn't it Jayon Brown who took Myles Jack's place at UCLA when he was injured? Did pretty well there, so there is an upside to him.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I actually think that it was Aaron Wallace.

10. JCBRAVE

Wallace been getting a lot of reps they said in OTAs, that would be great if he replaced Dodd so we can just forget about that failed experience

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar