Defense Rebuild: EDGE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

What is he supposed to say? Stock question, stock answer. There is 0 benefit to giving any kind of answer there.

Not picking on you, but I don't get why fans are always trying decipher and put stock in what people say to the media. They are just fulfilling obligations.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not trying to decipher just pointing out the obvious, albeit in a more subtle manner than you. Just read my posts, I’m saying the same thing over and over - they ain’t giving away info at a presser. Never have and never will. I don’t use the sarcasm button because it should be obvious at times.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

With all the wild stuff people say here, sarcasm isn't going to be identified. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Very true! Although, in looking back at it, I am serious about the “too cute” part. I think sometimes JR doesn’t connect the dots as well as I’d like and we get a Dodd.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Sometimes picks just don't work. My only quip with Dodd is that he wasn't a scheme fit. If you are taking a 275-280 lb college 4/3 DE to play in a 3/4, he better have some real physical traits.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

My problem is he was a one year wonder in college. JR himself says that’s not his pattern, so why deviate from his own philosophy?

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually Dodd is a perfect fit since we run more 4 man fronts than 5. Plus he has the size to rotate inside on occasion. Obviously his size had nothing to do with his failure. Now it is true there is always going to be a compromise between someone who is good at holding the edge well and someone who can speed rush. But we need someone on the strong side with a little beef and very often they will be lining up as a traditional 4/3 DE.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't agree, but I've already spent way too much time thinking about a guy that was in the league like 2 years.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

but doesn’t scouting involve matching skills to needs?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Dodd was character issue.
    Wilson character issue.

JRob billed himself as “character drafter”. Missed on high picks. Hit on Conklin but didn’t work out as core player. IMO 1st rounds should be spent on “core” players. CD84?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar