Deep Purple vs The Doors CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 18, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Deep Purple vs The Doors

Poll closed Feb 19, 2016.
  1. Deep Purple

17.6%
  2. The Doors

82.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BAND WARS RD1: Deep Purple vs The Doors

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I can't vote on this one. Both bands were great

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

DEEP PURPLE by a mile. Never was overly fond of the doors. Overrated due to the death of Morrison, IMO. their organist was good, though. I find their songs mostly annoying.

Deep purple were virtuosos from top to bottom. Jon Lord RIP was a legend. Richie Blackmore still is, although he's now whacked out, playing renaissance fair music. Machine Head was one of the first albums I bought. (in CD form, it was the 90s)

DIO (aka rock God) played with Blackmore in Rainbow. That is enough to make DP the champion of all.

#3 nickmsmith, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree the Doors are overrated. That said the only Deep Purple song I can even think of is Smoke on the Water. So the Doors.

5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Hush, Hush, thought I heard her calling my name now, Hush, Hush, broke my heart but I love her just the same now....

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This was a tough one

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You're missing out. Honestly. Smoke on the water is the tip of the iceberg. Underrated band. Highly.

Here is their Machine Head full album video.

I know they'll get crushed in this competition..but DP is a much better band, IMO. While Morrison was doing the good ol' blues ripoff thing with somewhat talented musicians behind him, trying to be deep and moody, making soundtrack to your acid trip ..
    DP were doing innovative and awesome things.
    As usual, dying is the best career move in music, for some reason. IMO the organist was the only interesting musician in the doors.

#7 nickmsmith, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I don't doubt they are the better band for a second. I'm just not familiar enough with them.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

@nickmsmith nails it.

Machine Head is one of the finest hard rock records of all time..
    Doors are ok. Lose points for no bass - but they never did anything even as remotely cool as SPACE TRUCKIN' or Highway Star!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And Ritchie Blackmore sewed his oats playing guitar early on for my main man Screaming Lord Sutch..

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar