Debate: Brown vs. George

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    ^ 11 games started, 220 rushing attempts for 1067 yards and a 4.9yd average.
    [​IMG]
    16 games started, 312 rushing attempts for 1031 yards and a 3.3yd average.:rolleyes:

Now, it really sucks that Brown was injured like that that year. He missed the whole back end of the season. Of all those starts EG made what percentage of them was he 100% ? Whatever number you come up with may sound favorable but keep in mind he had a relatively long career for a RB. Yes, Chris Brown's career by comparison has been a short one, and yes he has had injury issues but the simple fact remains that "first down Brown" did more on the ground in eleven starts in 2004 than Eddie George did in 16 in 2003. EG also had a better team around him IMHO.

"Has he ever played a full season without missing a game due to injury?"
    Do you look at the rest of the league?
    Backs who missed starts in 2005...
    # 39 Willie Parker
    # 26 DeShaun Foster
    # 38 Mike Anderson
    # 32 Edgerrin James

They're others but these names are just the most impressive.
    But true, these backs only missed a game or two, not almost 1/3 of the entire schedule. I see your point. The vast majority of superior RB's start and play 16 games. Chris Brown is and can be a great change up man when he's not busy getting dinged and licking his wounds. It's long been my contention that we need a 1200 yard back...this class includes...

Shaun Alexander
    Tiki Barber
    Larry Johnson
    Clinton Portis
    Edgerrin James
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    Rudi Johnson
    Warrick Dunn
    Thomas Jones
    Willis McGahee
    Reuben Droughns
    Willie Parker

These guys make their starts...but until we have the draft capital, we must worry about greater needs such as QB, OT/OG, LB, S/SS, ... RB is like #5 need to me...not worthy of a first day pick, Henry/Brown, $$$, and all things considered.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

It will take alot for Brown to get to Eddies level, alot! If I was the coach, which I am not, Brown might not make the team in 2006.
    Watching Brown run this year felt like a bull in a china shop, "what's he gonna break this time?"

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thankfully you are not the coach.

4. fitantitans

Am I sensing that Browns' running ability impressed someone this year?

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Brown is nowhere near where Eddie was in his prime... Eddie was a leader that got the job done and Brown is a passive little kitty cat.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

brown doesnt have the mental toughness it takes to play runningback.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe I missed it, but why compare Brown's best year against one of Ed's worst? Are we getting bored already? :lol:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if i remember correctly, Eddie NEVER missed a game as a Titan / Oiler

that's all the comparison that needs to be made

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all trying to compare EG and Brown is ridiculous. They practically play in different generations. EG stunk from 2001 on. Brown was not an early 1st round pick and his salary isn't the cause of our CAP problems like EGs was. Brown had a terrible year this year for him and his putrid 3.8 YPC was still better than 6 of EGs seasons. The last four years of EGs career he averaged 3.0, 3.4,3.3,3.3. Additionally Brown had more yards receiving this year than EG had in 7 of EG's 9 seasons. In 2004 Brown had 6 100 yard or more games where EG had only 7 in 4 years. Even Antowain Smith averaged 3.7 YPC in 2004 and averaged 4.0 last year with NO. EG have been durable but EG was terrible his last 4 years. So what if a guy is healthy if he can't play well. By the way EG had almost identical YPC numbers his last season at Dallas and Parcells knew how bad EG was and didn't even activate him for 3 of the last 7 games and EG only got 10 carries combined in the other 4 games.
    Is Brown as good as EG in his prime. No but EG's prime ended 5 years ago. Saying Brown should not make the team this year is totally ridiculous considering he is still by far the best back we have.

10. fitantitans

QUOTE: "Saying Brown should not make the team this year is totally ridiculous considering he is still by far the best back we have."

<u>That just shows you how bad the Titans really are</u>. Do not be surprised if Brown is dropped for Henry and Nash, and a possible 3rd from the draft board. Brown is accident prone which is why he was drafted so late out of Colorado. He hasn't had a healthy season. We need someone who will be able to play every game, someone more durable than Brown.
    But I do feel your pain, I paid $50.00 for one of his shirts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar