Dear Mr. BiPolar, Gunny, haters, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Double duh, I just wasn't gonna let you guys pretend this didn't happen. Especially after all the hating and yapping you did concerning this outstanding safety. A safety so outstanding that he not only got his bonus, but 3 more years to boot.

2. Guys, I like Lamont Thompson, he's gonna make plays next year, and they're gonna be BIG.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Pot calling the kettle....

Uh yeah, THIS coming from a guy who created a religion named after a rookie player.:sad2:

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Elf...why do you like him so much? Honestly, I am curious?

5. Nine

Nine Starter

Shouldn't that read "a religion named after a 7th round draft pick rookie who outperformed every veteran player in the entire secondary, including a former first-round pick and two second-round picks...."

Granted, this isn't so much a compliment to Hill, as it is an indictment of Woolfolk, LT, and Tank. (And we won't even talk about Beckham....)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I dont call him outstanding.
    I realise he isnt perfect
    I know he makes a lot of mistakes.
    I will critisise him when needed.

Something you can't do for LaMont. Groupie :greedy:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

outstanding vs. Lamont

# 43 Troy Polamalu
    G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
    16 /91 /73.0 /18 /3 /2 /42 /21.0 /36 /0 /6

# 28 Lamont Thompson
    G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
    16 /80 /61.0 /19 /1 /1 /0 /0.0 /0 /0 /2

Elf, don't over rate him. You have a little room to talk until you sound like you are drunk on your own kool aide. Sorry the numbers are so hard to read but I don't know how to use the code tags.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

BiPolar, I don't understand the purpose of your post. By the text of it you try to make Lamont look bad, but then you use the stats to show that he compares favourably to one of the premier safeties in the league (or at least the media darling safety) these days... which is it?

9. T4Ten

T4Ten Guest

I don't think the numbers compare favourably for Lamont. Lots more zeros in his column.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The only columns with zeros are return yards on interceptions. Polamalu has 11 , 2 sacks, 1 interception and 4 passed defenced, more than Thompson. In a 16 game span, that's 0.7 tackles, 0.1 sacks, 0.06 interceptions and 0.25 passed defences more than Thompson per game. Not really a huge difference in my book.

Now go back to my first post to read why I think stats are misleading in any case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar