Dear Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ is not without blame, but do any of you honestly think he's more the problem than the blocking? Really?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes mother, I'm sorry.

I'm sure he's a delicate flower that needs the coddling.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Yes, and I tell you why. Look at the Texans game when Johnson caught the short pass from Hasselbeck. He is open, has one defender coming at him and he hesitates. There was room to run left, there was room to run right. What does CJ do? He catches the ball, comes to a complete halt and dances in place until the defender has closed in on him. O-line not involved at all obviously. He does the same crap on his run plays.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I mean what is the point making fun of someone for something they can't change. It's not like CJ is some thug off the field.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

When watching Cj It seems like he isn't trying at all. he gets the ball and almost freezes, then runs straight into the other teams lineman. I think he just doesn't care anymore, I know it will never happen but I really wish Munch would bench him and let Harper, and ringer split carries.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

CJ could learn to speak better. There are voice and diction coaches that could improve the way he pronounces words, enunciates, talks through his nose, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

There's the problem right there

8. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Doesn't he have a learning disability? Plus I think he has. He has become progressively better in post game interviews these past few years

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I personally believe CJ's lack of faith in the blocking (which is obviously understandable) has a lot to do with his hesitancy after getting the ball. When a hole is there (disturbingly rare this year) he can't believe his eyes. It's still a legitimate criticism though. He has to overcome that and carry the ball as if the hole will always be there. The line and fullback improving their blocking would really help him break that habit though.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm mad that we can't run the ball, but it's not just cause C.J. is slacking, it's our O-Line, and the way defenses play us with C.J. in. I think the only way to fix this is to always move him around, even some different formations could help. Maybe this could work

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar