Deadline for Pacman Appeal Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: If Pacman Jones is going to appeal his suspension from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, it will happen today as it marks the deadline. A hearing will occur within 10 days. "A player and his representatives can provide whatever information they want, and say whatever they want in the hearing," VP of NFL Public Relations Greg Aiello said. "After that, the information is digested and the decision is made (by the commissioner)." A season-long suspension could cost Jones as much as $3.1 million, a combination of salary and pro-rated signing bonuses.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Appppeal. We need ya in the startin lineup sooner

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

:sad2:

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

You may hate him , and you may not agree with the decisions hes made but theres one thing even you have to admit.

Hes going to be missed out there on the field.

He was a force. Hopefully he comes back sooner. 10 games or a full season is just too long.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Interesting to me if he does. Probably just a waste of time and Goodell's good will to do it. If Pac stays out of trouble and continues efforts to improve PR image then Goodell will support him back in league at 10 games.

I'm uncertain if the appeal would result in fewer games than 10, however, if some of the ridiculous rules about 1 workout per week could be reduced or eliminated. Keeping him away does nothing to encourage better behavior. I think if anything is turned over, it will be some reduction in the facility ban.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the appeal won't change a thing..keep him out for the whole yr.

7. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

yep then this time next year will can hear....

With the first selection in the 2008 NFL draft the Titans select Darrin Mcfaden from the University of Arkansas.....

I agree he should have been suspended, but considering how light they went on everyone else, he doesnt deserve 10 games....

8. Third running back taken by us in round 1 or 2 in three years?

You can't really want that...

Mario Manningham, or DeSean Jackson however... :yes:

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

If Goodell wants respect for his new rules, he will have to do something. People around the league are talking about how Porter actually attacked someone and there were actual witnesses and nothing has happened to him. Mike Vick has "shamed" the league and he's on the stage with Goodell in the same week. True Vick hasn't been convicted, but what has he done that was less than Pac?

Goodell has policied himself into a dangerous position.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't even get me started.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar