DE Josh Thomas to visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080305/SPORTS01/80305007

Since we lost 2 DEs, maybe we need 2 more?

I looked at his profile on the colts site, and read a few things about him recently. It looks like he's been playing well lately, and is only 26 years old.

Maybe he fulfills our need at DE, allowing us to pick somewhere else on draft day. Hopefully we can sign him and/or kearse(doubt he will be expensive)

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Woo Hoo! Sounds like another solid backup player!!!!!

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd be good with this if we still had a starter.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd rather ther the Titans whatch paint dry than interview Bryan Thomas. Sems to have trouble getting to the QB 55 tackles and ONE sack.

We need a trade for a WR or DE before the Draft because we have 4 big needs right now and 3 Day one picks figure that out.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this guy doesn't even look like good depth.

he's gotten 6 sacks in his career, in a pass rush heavy system....

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

and he came from the 'Cuse, so I already like him.

7. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

55 tackles at DE in 15 games and 7 starts is nothing to sneeze at. The 1 sack is a little perplexing, but I don't really know if he was brought in to stop the run, subbed out on most projected pass plays or whatever.

If 55 tacks in 7 in 15 total games at the DE position isn't seen as "good depth", I don't know what you expect of it... I think thats as good as it gets, especially for this year.

But hey, we have Bryce Fisher right? Sounds like championship to me :gag:

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've noticed him when we play the Colts (he's gotten a lot of reps over the years). I think he's definitely better than Conover and may offer even more than Fisher.

Could be a situation like Gage. We didn't know what to think of him last year, but no one was blown away by the signing. Small deal, now go make it happen fella. Well he did. I think Thomas may be similar, but not quite the same since we'll need more from our DE's than WR's.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I agree with you. At the very least, he is good depth. And any time we sign a supposed scrub, I think three letters: K V B. Hey, you never know... ;)

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Not knocking his 55 tackles which is legit don't get me wrong especially for a rotation guy. I just don't like his 1 sack but I read that his agent said he sees 8-10 very realistic with him on our d-line. I'm not as against the move as I was because he seems solid but I'm hoping we bring in him over Kearse since he is younger, has more production, and is talking big goals so why not as a #2 DE. Getting him doesn't take DE off our needs list but he is good depth but DE is still a day 1 pick regardless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar