Breaking News DC SEARCH ON official DEfCOO thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Good for him.

Art is in the rear-view, baby.

Time for an OC with some balls. We got the best offensive weapons in the NFL.

Let's get some.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Exactly, to play a real 4-3 front you need a lot of meat in the End and DT positions. We tried to play versions of a 4-3 front with undersized personnel. Simmons is about it.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Do you mean 3-4?

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I wouldn't even consider our defense a 3-4 or 3 down lineman look. We ran so much nickel and sub packages, often with 4 lineman that I would consider nickel with 4 d-lineman/linebackers on the line in some variation to be our base, which is consistent across the league now.

Frankly all the talk about alignment and how many down lineman you have is pretty much irrelevant anyways. That matters a lot more in the run game, not so much in the pass game. The more crucial aspects of a pass rush is what you do when the ball is snapped.

To have a defense as bad as our 2020 product, you have to have both personnel and coaching problems. We didn't have the players to win 1v1 matchups in the pass rush, but then we also failed to bring additional blitzers to help since we weren't winning with our 4 man rush.

JRob knew our personnel was a weak spot and threw the kitchen sink at trying to get someone to be a productive pass rusher. It failed, but at least he tried. Hopefully there is some better talent in this years draft and they target that as a position of need.

I don't know how blind the coaching staff had to be for it to take them 15 weeks to figure out that blitzing would be the only solution to helping a bad pass rush, but that was an egregious mistake that I can only hope is fixed by an incoming coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Guess we’re waiting again for the start of next season to sign anyone?

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

It's not the team that reports who they're interviewing. Interviews are set up by the agents. Agents want teams to know other teams are interested in their client. Silence is not a good thing. It's not like they are trying to be discrete.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the lack of blitzing was also a byproduct of our lack of quality CB play...it all goes hand in hand. Of course blitzing should force the qb to get rid of the ball quicker thus making your dbs cover for less time, but it puts you at risk of giving up the big play quick score....

I am confident our defense will be better next yr...would be hard to be worse

10. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

He has been a pretty good DC. Everywhere he's went the defense has been pretty good. I'm hoping Chronos is right about us just not reporting what we're up too but I hope we at least talk to some of the solid DC's. Give me some hope FO LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar