Breaking News DC SEARCH ON official DEfCOO thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

And Munchak.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

My only complaint about that is that if he didn't feel confident with Bowen, why not find another person he is confident in?
    It he's going to agree that Bowen did everything a DC is supposed to do, but not have the title, then I guess at least he knows Bowen sucks as DC, don't give him the opportunity again but doesn't have to fire him.

For the sake of argument, say Vrabel did give Bowen the title of DC and he sucks as bad as he did, would there be an uproar if Vrabel moved Bowen back to a positional coach and hire another DC?

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think most coaches would be too humiliated to go back to a lesser position after being demoted. I 100% agree that if Vrabel wasn’t confident enough in Bowen, he shouldn’t have been the defacto DC. Hard to believe he might do it again, but they may be deluding themselves that it was COVID and a lack of talent and not coaching. I call BS on that, but may be playing out that way.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree on the covid/talent excuse. coaching literally tried nothing different.

From humiliation standpoint, it doesn't happen often, but there are times that HC relinquish play calling to some other coach. I think Minnesota last year did something like that and maybe Detroit this year?

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, sometimes HC do relinquish play calling, but that’s not the same as being demoted from DC back to LB coach. Don’t see many guys doing that.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That was my point. And the fact we haven't hired a bonafide DC yet worries me more

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

It is mildly encouraging that they talked with Austin about the DC job.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I don't know much about him, need to look...would that be a good hire?

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Looking at Austin...he had some early success with Detroit.
    We interviewed him for HC in 2015

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'd be all for Austin if it meant Bud Dupree and Cam Sutton followed him here in free agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar