Breaking News DC SEARCH ON official DEfCOO thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I think both the DC and OC will be internal hires at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just give Bowen the official DC title.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I would be disappointed. I also would have minimum expectations for next year.

3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Vrabel: HC, OC and DC
    :trophy::cigar:

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

No one has any reason other than being negative to backup this Vrabels ego thing. Nothing to backup he will only hire from within. The guy has come in here and built a very good team and been in the playoffs 2 of 3 years and the AFC Championship game and some of y’all just tear him apart. He quite literally to this point is the best HC this franchise has ever had. He has hired from within and from the outside and they both worked. Give the team some room. This need for immediate satisfaction is crazy. Who cares that other teams have hired people already. If the team regresses over the next few years without an adjustment then we can flame him. I just don’t get it.

Maybe someone can explain the disdain for Vrabel.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You are stretching if you are taking that from my post. Given that Vrabel did not hire a DC last year leads credence to the supposition that he may well do that again. It’s not unreasonable to expect improvement from year to year. We had it in terms of record, but our team had holes all over the place. In 2 years Robinson has failed to improve the pass rush. I would probably add kicker to that too f you look at our two year FG %. I think most people really like Vrabel and appreciate his contribution. However, he is still a young coach with more to learn. Most of us see neither failure or perfection, just a solid 2nd tier team we want to take that next step. To do that, the FO, coaches, and players ALL have to pick it up a notch. Also, if you were paying attention to the posts, we were talking about Bowen, not Vrabel. If Bowen is DC next year then I will have diminished expectations.

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Too early to set expectations for this team for next season.

Having said that, with DC, while I expect Bowen to be given the official title, I would not be surprised to see someone like Crennel be brought as a defensive assistant to mentor Bowen when Crennel's contract expires with the Texans.

While that isn't ideal in my opinion, it would at least free Vrabel from some of the defensive responsibilities and that is something I think really needs to happen.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Of course it’s too early to know where and how far we go. However, Bowen was really bad, even given some personnel losses. If he calls the shots again it’s not unreasonable to temper expectations.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I guess I got lost in the thread. It just seems there are people who are negative no matter what happens without being realistic, If that’s not you, my apologies.
    I also agree on Bowen. I would be less than enthusiastic. But i would wait on results before condemning it.

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

The disdain for vrabel comes from the fact that the titans as an organization suck and there's no reason to believe we are going to have a viable team in a couple years so if he cant field a decently run defense in a couple years we will likely be floundering around for another decade

It took us 20 years to find a franchise QB... on accident btw.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, people are really reaching on this Vrabel ego thing. There is no evidence to point to people having trouble with the guy. In terms of Bowen, we have results from this year and they were historically bad. I can understand a drop-off given the weirdness of this year, but that’s dropping off the planet. I hope the fact that he reached out to Austin is a good sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar