DB Reynaldo Hill...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by karamello, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karamello

karamello Camp Fodder

In his bio it says he ran a 4.32 40 in his pro day workout. Now...I know Pro Days times aren't exactly combine times. Typically they are about a .1 - .05 faster. That being said he'd still be around 4.37-4.42. Maybe its me...but i don't believe I've ever thought of him of being that fast. I certainly have never seen him flash that speed. Maybe its his ball skills or something but Pac looked 4.3 when he wasn't makin rain. Finny looks 4.3 at times...certainly Samari when he was here did. But in the same bio it says Rey took 21 to live up to Samari's status when he was here. Has anyone seen that yet...?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Speed is meaningless when you don't have positioning skills.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Rey has positioning skills?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He runs a 4.3 once chasing a receiver. I buy that.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

With his speed, I wonder if they ever tried him as a WR. But then again, DBs are WRs that can't catch.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's different running a 40 time straight on a track with no pads then on game day.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

40 on a track you are coming out of blocks and don't get upright til 20 yds into it. On the field you turn out of a back pedal and still don't commit your hips like in a linear run.

40 times don't really mean that much.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I was praying that this thread would be DB Reynaldo Hill...is cut

9. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

You know, its not like he is getting paid alot. His price is rock bottom, and he is to a certain extent ok in small doses. I agree he shouldn't start, but he isn't the worst backup we have :/

10. karamello

karamello Camp Fodder

Well...40's dont mean "nothing". They do have a lot of merit towards just how athletic one is; as well as other measureables. The thing is...if a guy doesn't time well but shows tremendous ball skills on film..you take a chance...if a guys shows great speed but ball skills are lacking..you take a chance. Rey Hill has never showed EITHER.

Why did he get drafted? I guess thats my real question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar