Dayum...Chris Cornell be pushin up daisies, yo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I really liked Audioslave's first album. listened to it for years, and my dad was really into it too, for awhile. My dad is his age, believe it or not.

Awesome, strong voice.

Unfortunately, 99 percent of his solo work was absolutely atrocious (see the pop album with Timbaland) . But, when put with a group of great musicians and a good producer, he was an all time great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I listen to Soundgarden and Audioslave most days

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. kstone

kstone Starter

That sucks. Another great singer gone to soon.

4. kstone

kstone Starter

Me too. I really like Audioslave first album a lot. The other two seem like they were put out for the sake of putting an album out. But to me Superunknown is one of the best albums of the grunge era.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Honestly, I totally respect and recognize his vocal talent and range; unfortunately, Soundgarden has frequencies in their recordings that make them painful for me to hear, and what I've heard from Audioslave sounds like a 'luuded Jim Morrison struggling to get up off the couch. I'll be pissed if it turns out to actually be suicide; it makes me sick that some of these people get to do their favorite thing and get paid millions for it and then act like it's a unendurable plague of frogs.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I first heard them on Ultramega OK then a year or two later on the superb Louder Than Love. They never got anywhere near those records ever again.
    BadMotorFinger came out in the year of Drop-D (thanks Helmet) and rock just never recovered IMO.
    I still can't believe those four guys agreed to use the ridiculous name Audioslave. "Civilian" was so much better.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My buddy and I were talking about him a few weeks ago. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like his voice. I think it's kind of whiny.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh, no argument there at all; his screaming power was incredible though...at least, in the early years and in Temple Of The Dog.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Audio Slave seemed forced. I saw them once at Lollapalooza, I think the last year it was still a tour. And they were ok, but it certainly was nothing like Rage or Soundgarden.

The suicide part, which it was, I disagree with you. Nobody in their right mind does that, especially if there isnt a desperation spontaneous issue. (finances, divorce, etc). He was obviously struggling and money doesnt cure all ills by any stretch. His wife is blaming it on prescription pills, with what is going on with opiates, we know that can cause major issue for even the most sound of mind people. SO honestly, the second part of your statement is pure ignorance, and Im not saying that to be rude, I am saying that because that is an issue that effects a lot of people, and shouldnt be written off he thought his life was a "plague". Prince died from it, he didnt kill himself, but it killed him, and in reality, probably killed Chris too.

#19 dg1979us, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I was supposed to go to ROTR this weekend and SoundGarden was to headline last night..... didn't even realize they were the headliner til I just checked. Glad I sold the ticket I guess. They were supposed to be doing a huge tribute last night at the end, wonder how it turned out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar