David Thorton

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

The only time I watch the Colts' is when they play the Titans'... so although I knew Thorton was a good player, I didn't know to what extent. That being said... Thorton has flourished in this Titans' scheme, which allows Schwartz to be more aggressive. Thorton, Harper and Fowler were phenomenal signings. Speaking of the defense... Griffen, Hope, Harper, Jones and Finnegan ( at the nickle ), along with AH, KV, KB, RF and this years play of Laboy... are going to create a'lot of points, turn-overs and get off the field.

2. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

DeMeco Ryans led the NFL in tackles last year, and didn't get selected for the pro bowl. If leading the league in tackles isn't enough to get you selected as a linebacker, what is? It's not the PRO bowl, it's the FAME bowl. It sucks. I'd rather watch Andy Griffith.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pro bowls matter it is one way we judge a player after his career is over. Since defensive players don't have a dossier of stats like offensive players do the number of pro bowls they make can be a major factor in hall of fame balloting.

Linebacker is one position where solid steady all around play is not rewarded enough and guys with high profile sack numbers or ints will get recognized more. That doesn't mean the pro bowl doesn't matter believe me to these guys it does..

For the record zach thomas led the nfl in tackles last year with ryans 2nd and london fletcher third. All three MLB and fletcher like bulluck and thornton another of those solid players year in and year out and fletcher has never made a single pro bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar