David Givens?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

How long was Givens contract? I really wanna see him healthy for us.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

5 years $24mil. Way too much for a bench warmer who has been out for more than a year.

I guess Fish and Chow have confidence that he could be a weapon for us very soon. I'd like to see that happen.

3. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

oh I thought is was like a 2 or 3 year deal. that's good. if you look at his stats he does show some potential I just hope he lives up to it

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll be shocked if he ever is a productive WR ever again.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He's been on IR for 2 seasons, so he's not that expensive regarding the cap.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Givens will be gone..

I agree with jeff about givens as a player but finances will send him packing as much as his inability to play..

With givens entering the third year of his contract there will be no cap penalty if we simply release him. There would have been a $2.5M penalty had we released him this year. I also seriously doubt they are willing to pay him that fat salary just to rehab another year and even if he is ready they may want another deal. He will never be worth what he is being paid..

7. David Givens and VY in Madden i just beast in that like 13 catches a game

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hey, TJ! Do you think you can set the filter to read "Madden" as "ignorant video game that has absolutely nothing to do with real world sports performance"?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:
    But in Madden they come back from injury 100% healthy!

Anyway they'll see how he is this off-season/next pre-season and go from there.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

was thinkin actually the same damn thing....he's my go to guy hahha...

wish it was real...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar