david beckham???

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GMITTS, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

far from it.

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Those 400 pounds DL and OL can sprint out many soccer players over. I remember once Iván "Champi" Imbernón - NFL Dragons, a DL challenged Stoichkov -FC Barcelona- in a 40 yard dash.

[​IMG]

"Champi" won... it was close though. Anyways, Sotichkov was known as a speedy soccer player... Imbernóm, as any NFL "National" was selected after going through a battery of exercises similar to the combine, was probably a below-average talent on that league.

NFL combine 40 yd times of OL and DL are on the 4.high and the 5.very lows. To me that is not slow at all.

I have never tried to argue that futbol as better than football or the opposite, I have only made clear that one takes resistance, therefore less speed, and the other takes speed, therefore less resistances (I think you gloat identify as being "fit" to be have more aerobic resistance, I do not agree with that, as my opinion, resistance is just a skill among others that make my definition of fit to me. -Marathon runners are far too weak (absolute strengh terms) to me to be considered fit in my own definition. I guess everyone has one)

The times of unathletic qbs, must be from when that was the Head Coach son spot. The QB position is really demanding of athletic skills in 95% of offensive styles. At least the succesful offenses.

35 secs + the about 6 secs the refs take the time to get the ball ready is pretty exhausting to do the play at 100% speed and strength, run back to the huddle and set in the line.

Most fast players in soccer usually need longer periods of rest (strikers) such a Henry, Ronaldo and so... some coaches just dont get it, and think this type of players are "lazy" because they need more recovery time. At the end, the player turns slower due to endurance training or gets fired.

Is fisiology and genetics, fast-twicht (FT) dominant players have less slow-twicht (ST) muscle, which is more endurable than FT. FT gets tired sooner, depletes ATP faster. More FT% means faster but less resistant. More ST% means very resistant, but less strong and fats.

Tipical high ST%= Marathon runners and other aerobic predominant sports where there is no pauses.
    Tipical high FT%= Sprinters,Olimpic and Power Lifters, Football players.

The rest of sports, somewhere in between of the spectrum. My guess is soccer players are around the middle area. I am just saying that one sport is like that, and the other like this. Never taken a better worst approach. To each his likes and dislikes. But pauses have an impact in speed. None takes less effort. One is more endurable the other more powerful.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think they're better fit in an all around way. Just more healthy and in shape all around. Soccer takes far more endurance, I think we all can agree on that, and most would define endurance as the base quality of being 'fit'. I would at least.
    Plus, these guys have more muscles in their legs than your typical WR. They aren't frail like marathon runners. They're just not big.
    Annd...football has never had anyone near as cool as Djibril Cisse or Beckham. Which is all that matters. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

To me, there is no "base" quality, my def is a triangle of -max strenght- & -speed- & -endurance-

Most NFL RBs are my definition of "fit", but some OLs and DLs fit in too. By my definition, soccer players are superior on endurance, but inferior in the rest of qualities, of course, not as far a marathon runner.

[​IMG]

No one fitter or cooler than Sanders, looks appart

[​IMG]

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, a goal and an assist in first start. And both were pretty deceptive. He might be living up to the hype. Which would be pretty hard for a non goal scorer in mls. So it's a bit amazing.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

he definatly hasnt lived up to the hype yet, america has only gotten glimpses of him, he shouldnt of scheduled his return when he did if he was going to be nursing an ankle for a month. fans pay to see him play a game, not sit half a game then play the final 15 minutes when the game is out of reach.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I dunno. I just watched two assists in like 10 seconds from Beckham. I think he's living up to it. That is what 3 assists and 1 goal in like 35 minutes of play. LA is exciting now. And he did this in NY, so the hype is about to go even higher.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just goes to show how poor the MLS is compared to Europe.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Then the rest of the world must be poor too, because Beckham lit them up too. We are using the theory of relativity here I'm assuming.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Beckham lit them up?

He was a bench warmer his last season in Real Madrid and when he did start, they lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar