Dave McGinnis for Defensive Coordinator !

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Have you ever seen anything in the past
    that indicates that he gives a jack about what might annoy you?
    :ha:

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Fisher maybe a little less defensive of our DC now that his job is starting to come under scrutiny. You should always defend your teammates especially after a game. If Fisher just went out and pointed fingers at Schwartz it would make him look bad. First rule of business if you are the boss you take responsibility for your team. If you do not no one above or below you will respect you. They will look at you like a finger pointer who can not own up to his own mistakes; be them by his coaching staff, players, or his own actions. I mean we do not want our coach being another Manning do we?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

I didn't say our talent sucks i'm responding to those who say that. They accept the concept that we are a talentless team but have no problems with the guy who built the team.

Vigsted if fisher goes schwartz will lose his job also. Fisher is the only thing that keeps him here. I don't see schwartz staying even if fisher was replaced in house by a guy like chow.

That's alabama red pal!

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That's alabama red pal!
    --------------------------------------

MY BAD.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The legendary dave mcginnis!

17-40 as an NFL head coach! Yeah that is worth having drool running down your faces.

His three cardinal teams continued to improve on defense though going from 21st in scoring defense to 25th and then 29th! Well wait that is not steady improvement at all.

As vince tobin's defensive coordinator(this is the job you want him to have right?) in arizona from 96-2000 the cards defense averaged 26th in scoring defense and 23rd in yardage defense. In those 5 seasons mcginnis' never had a scoring defense that rated better than 25th!

This is just between us guys now so i'll talk softly but you know that keeping the other team from scoring is the main objective of a defense right?

Wake the :banned: up!!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Geez louise..

You guys are online try making a couple of clicks and getting some info before you post. You are ready to make mcginnis president when his track record as both a head coach and D-coordinator is horrific. What the hell would you do if i wasn't here? Planet of the apes?

One guy who still might be too young but might make an interesting DC choice some day is reed the quality control guy with the eagles. His coaching background prior to the eagles was a d-backs coach in the euro league and high school but he is supposed to be sharp and he has been working under jimmy johnson for 4 years and johnson is the best.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it was the Cardinals. They were a terrible team.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

Don't you have the slightest concept of personal responsibility? At all?

How else would we evaluate his coaching ability from his favorite TV shows?

Aeneas williams-eric swann-simeon rice-jamir miller-corey chavous-betrand berry all made pro bowls during that time. Combined they went to 15 pro bowls. They were defensive players for the cardinals?

Never mind i'm sure a lame one liner is to follow.:sad2:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not sure if you are talking about McGinnis as a D-Co-ordinator or Head Coach but only two players he coached as HC or DC made the Pro Bowl

Dave McGinnis - coached Arizona 2000 (half season) - 2003

Bertrand Berry - Joined Arizona in 2004 - never coached him
    Eric Swann - Left Arizona after 1999 season - ONE Pro Bowls with Arizona under McGinnis as DC)
    Aeneas Williams - Left Arizona after 2000 season - Four Pro Bowls with Arizona with McGinnis as DC)
    Simeon Rice - Left Arizona after 2000 season - ZERO Pro Bowls with Arizona
    Jamir Miller - Left Arizona after 1998 season - ZERO Pro Bowls with Arizona
    Corey Chavous - Left Arizona after 2001 season - ZERO Pro Bowls with Arizona

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

one liner?

oh, the humanity!!!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar