Training Camp Dave Ball dealing with another concussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm sure he'll consider retirement. If Egboh is the 3rd stringer, I'm not sure who would be the 4th & 5th. Does Scott Solomon make the 53 man roster? I imagine so.

No matter what, I'll always be a ball sack fan!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I'm Dave Ball I walk away while I can. Is playing on on 9-7 type team worth being in a wheelchair?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the guy gets bopped in the nose and is having headaches that isn't a good sign. Just means even if he gets over these symptoms he will be back to having issues with one good hit to the head. Now is the time to call it quits before he gets any worse.

I'd say Solomon would have a good shot of sticking if Ball retires. Similar type player.

Also, the Titans scheme uses a bigger guy on the strong side and a smaller speed rusher on the other side (hybrid 3-4 OLB). Egboh is close to 290 pounds. More than likley Egboh gets reps on the strong side and a guy like Solomon plays the weak side as Wimbeley's backup. If Ball retires they probably look for another DE more in the 260 range to replace him on the roster. Maybe they could bring back Jacob Ford who happens to be nearly identicalto Wimbeley in ht, weight and speed (actually Ford has a better 10 yard time).

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I doubt they even bother signing someone if Ball retires. After this weekend teams start cutting players. And I once tried to compare Jacob Ford to Tamba Hali, and that was a mistake. Ford isn't smart enough, or determined enough to be worth bringing back.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

got to agree with this. He may have stayed a bit to long already

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Ball sacks won't go away that easy.

7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Poor Ball sacks career will be ended this season. No way he makes it all 16 games without another big hit to the head. If he was near retirement last season he will diff do it this season.

He didn't become has good as I had hoped for. But he had some decent moments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar