Darwin Walker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

It's looking increasingly like pass rushing DT Walker will end up getting shipped back to the Eagles August 5th who will likely look to trade him.

Now THAT would be a guy to go after!

The Bills also might want to trade him sooner so they can get something for him.

If we can add Brown AND Walker I would call this our best offseason, period. Oh yeah, and Reinfeldt will be my hero. :))

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I'd love to see Walker... even more than Brown. Don't know about the BEST offseason, but if Titans D turns it around in both the run & pass then it's a really good offseason. I don't get the Bills at all here - afaik they agreed to the trade under the terms that Walker would get a new contract and extension. Now they are refusing to do that? Makes no sense to me, but if Reiny could snatch him from the Eagles (like we did Fowler) then I'd be pretty dang happy.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't know why you guys get your hopes up. You know Reinfeldt has no intentions of signing anyone good. Until he does so, that's the mindset i'll stay in to save myself the headaches while he fails to get good players.

4. MJTitans

He has no problem with good players - just expensive ones... MR made reasonable offers to get Stallworth, Key, Turner... just wouldn't go overboard to land them. Walker is one of the lowest paid starting DTs in the league. Even a generous offer would fall within MRs comfort range.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe MR doesn't realize the money is different now due to the increase of the cap like the rest of the league seems to?
    You are not going to get a good player for the money you could have last year. It's just not going to happen. I wish someone would tell him.

6. MJTitans

Wait a minute - weren't you the one saying we overpaid for Fowler? Which'n is it young timer? :)) Anyway I don't think it matters because I still don't believe the Bills will let him go back to the Eagles.

7. Trey

Trey Guest

We don't need a DT as badly as we need a DE...Darwin Walker is no better than what we have. Alex Brown is who we need

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Walker and AH would be a good interior. I think Walker is better then Starks.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i havent seen much of walker since his UT days, but i would say that being better than starks on a play by play basis is not hard to accomplish.

10. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

I'm with everyone else on here, go get Alex Brown and Darwin Walker. In Walker you get veteran leadership and vocal voice in the locker room, plus an all around good player. In Alex Brown you get the pass rush you need, with a motor that doesn't quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar