Darius Leonard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ugadawg86, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No reason Evans cant lead the league some day. He played 500 snaps to Leonard's 900

If Evans didnt start 2018 hurt theres no telling what he could have done.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

im all about evans but leonard is better

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Give it time. He only had one year at the position in college, yet he was playing as well as any LB in the league at the end of the year, if you put any stock into PFF. This scheme isn't as easy to adapt to or as productive as the Tampa 2 for LBs, especially after not being able to practice until a month into the season. I expect for him to make a leap like Brown in Year 2.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I don't get why everyone is acting like only one of these guys can be good. It's not a zero sum game.

Evans showed he has the ceiling of an absolute dominant ILB with elite pass rush talent and crushing tackling. Leonard was a thumper inside, playing sideline to sideline, racking up a ton of tackles, and solid enough in coverage to not have to come off the field. Good for him! But let's not act like that just because Leonard had a great season, that doesn't mean we should downplay how good Evans ended up looking.

I remember the rookie year Steve Slayton had the same year we took CJ2K. Slayton went over 1k yards, while CJ had just solid stats while splitting time with White. I remember myself even saying how dumb it was to pick RB in the first round when you could just wait and take a RB later and get similar production.

Well we all know how that actually went: CJ went on to be one of the most explosive RB's in NFL history, while Slayton disappeared into nothing. One season does not write their careers.

I don't expect Leonard to disappear into nothing, but he doesn't have the ceiling that Evans does either. I'm very happy with the Evans pick, and wouldn't go back and change it.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

We made the right decision.... if you would have taken Darius Leonard in the 1st round over Rashaan Evans (and continued to pan out like he did) you would just be a General Manager who is beyond incompetent, and just happened to get one of his mins & hours on broken clock correct...

6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

why cant they both be good

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I saw the stat within the last day or two that Evans had 63 tackles, and I couldn't believe it. For as little he played, that's a solid number. The stop he made on the goalline against the Jags on 4th down was awesome. Can't wait to see a whole season of those kind of plays.

8. JCBRAVE

For now we prob wont see Evans in a full-time role. Brown and Woody are just too good to keep away for long. Between the 3 of them theyll have to split 2000 snaps, Leonard on his own gets about 1000.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I like your idea of lining him up at OLB and rushing the passer.
    OLB Evans ILB Woodyard ILB Brown OLB Landry.

10. JCBRAVE

I mean it just seems so easy considering he did it so well in college

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar