Damn We're Good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I did quick math on it. Using .33 for onsides and .48 for 2pt.

This is of perfect clock management is used for 2nd TD method too.

2pt on first TD:
    2% win
    16% tie
    82% lose

2pt on second TD:
    0% win
    16%tie
    84% lose

I didn't know how to quantify OT so that isn't included. If you believe the browns faced a percentage lower then 48 in OT this only further improves going for it on the first attempt. If we were to eliminate the tie section and go to a W/L model, we would be able to see a higher percent on the first try due to the 2 percent W gained in failure of the 2pt and the increased likelihood of a second 2pt vs OT percentages.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I get the argument based off a random numbers generator, but football game scenarios aren't random numbers.

Making it a 1 score game and putting pressure on the other team has to be worth something.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Not random number generated. They are league averages.

How can you be certain the pressure isn't equal between the teams? I cannot see how the pressure to get the win would be lower then pressure to defend.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

League averages for converting a 2 and onsides kicks, but not for overall results...

You really don't think an offense is under more pressure trying to close out a game up 1 possession versus up 2 possessions?

5. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

What do you mean "not for overall results"?

I believe at both points the opposing team will be under the same amount of duress as the offending team.

6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Shouldn't matter, your the only team undefeated. You deserve to be at the top. Just like Arizona and the Giants at 3-3 have no business being ahead of the 4-2 Raiders.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Probably more complicated that won-loss records. Strength of schedule, O and D rankings, etc. may play a role too.

8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Do you not believe quality of opponent should be used for power ranking judgement? Or the manner in which games are won or lost?

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Power rankings mean nothing to me because of that. They are subjective at best. And full of bias of every sort. They are simply click bait for avid fans to discuss and get worked up over.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

The Pats beat Cleveland,Miami, Houston, Bengals, AZ and lost to the Bill at home, hardly solid teams. Not even sure there are many of those 6 games in. I understand the Pats were minus Brady but it is what it is. Injuries and suspension are part of the game.

MN beat Us,Packers,Carolina,Giants,Houston. Again not to crazy about any of those teams but they got the wins. Not to mention they were minus Peterson for essentially 4 games(3 1/2) and for the season.

So with that said I say the Vikings are number #1 until they lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar