D-line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Is it me, or has anyone else notice how invisible these guys are? I mean, KvB is no where to be seen. Last year I could pick him out easily, not just on sacks, but other plays. It seems last year was a fluke or he has no help....I'm thinkin the later. I think our secondary and backers could play alot better if our line was getting pressure, but it seems we're too sloooooow up front. Guys like Bledsoe and Brunell were able to just sunbathe in their respective pockets and it was annoying to watch.

I know alot of you are calling for Calvin Johnson in this draft, and hey I'm there with ya, but maybe we should concentrate either in FA and/or the Draft on a stud D-lineman. Speaking of which, are there any "stud" DE/DT's in this draft?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I still think our secondary should be a primary concern

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

KVB has been pretty good against the run. He does get out of the play when he does a wide edge rush, but that may be design (I assume it is). The lack of pressure is a bummer.

Missing Al hurts. If he's gone for good, DT could be high on the list.

Starks and Robeast have been so-so. Not much pass rush.

LaBoy and Odom haven't done much, but Odom hasn't had much of a chance. Looks like these guys can be good rotation guys, but I'd love to see a bad *** RDE.

4. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

I say we go after Freeney.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I doubt that you'll get an argument from any Titan fan here.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Roos nullified him so no way I would want to offer an ubbercontract. I say make an offer, but not a crazy offer.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Freeney is injured.

8. IMO, Quentin Moses and Gaines Adams are top 2 DE's in the upcoming draft, and perhaps if we pick top 5, we can trade down and get one of them, either that or draft Calvin Johnson...

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Roos didn't nullify Freeney. Freeney got pressure and forced a number of penalties. Roos was having a very difficult time when playing him one on one.

Our stud RDE is playing for the Bears. We should have drafted Mark Anderson. The guy has Kearse like athletic ability but instead of drafting the best players available we always draft for need and get duds. Mark Anderson is twice the player LaBoy is and we could have drafted Anderson alot lower in the draft. Of the three DEs taken that year none has been the answer despite using two 2nd round picks.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you have to wonder how long we can go with just rushing four. we arent getting any pressure, but our coverage has been a lot better these past two games. i just dont know how long they can hold up like that though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar