D-Line Discussion...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

now that we have singed kearse...he will probably return to his LE position. Now would u guys rather have Javon beside Albe and see if that works or would you rather keep it with what is working. I think that KVB is an all-around talent who can handle botht he run/pass even when double teamed. I think that in Javon's case..being more the speed rusher, it would benefit him more if he lines up beside Albe. when u think bout it...Javon hvin Haynesworth there will help him not only with respect to rushin the passer but also stoppin the run.

howeva i would want some snaps where KVB is beside Hayneswoth....it was too good last yr to completely remove...i think that the D-line should be shufflin more so than it was last yr as now we have our speed rusher back and we will need to keep em guessing.

2. TitansFanMan

TitansFanMan Camp Fodder

Come on, man, if it ain't broke don't fix it! Keep it like it was last year, I THINK we had both KVB and Albert in the Pro Bowl? Interesting question, though.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I go the other way, line up Big AL and KVB like last year and put the Freak on the other side. He would then benifit from not seeing a double team or a te chip block, if he has anything left he could really do something.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Opposite side of AH. We will see how the money was spent with him overt here b/c there is no way he doesn't get one on one blocking, and if our D-line is worth it's weight, then we will force the Offense to keep both backs in to help protect, then we'll see what our secondary is really made of when only covering 3 recievers.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Kearse with be situational pass rusher unlikely to have to cover the run. I'm more concerned with the OLB behind him in case of a slip screen or end around run. Looks like Bulluck would be behind him. I don't know who is faster Bulluck or Thornton, but I believe we are in good shape either way.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Javon is the new Bullock.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

If we can settle in on one more DT and one more DE - either from our current roster, draft or FA - then I think we will probably have one of the best D lines in the game. We obviously sorely missed AH - and we need someone to at least fill in adequately when he's rotated out or injured. Hopefully Antonio Johnson can start to step in this year. Washburn is definitely a heck of a coach - I don't think it's any coincidence that the Titans have been a defensive lineman factory during his tenure.

In any case, 3rd & long just got a lot tougher against us... with Jevon and Kyle coming from opposite directions. Look for Tony Brown (assuming he starts at LDT) to have a good season as a result.

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

yea my guess is that tony brown will continue to make big strives in the right direction. i have alot of faith in him, especially playing next to quite possibly the best DT in the league, and two of the most agresive and effective DE's in the NFL

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We need a new DT besides Tony Brown.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i saw a lot of good things from tony brown last year. i was quite impressed with his play. i think kearse is an upgrade. and as for odom, it was good while it lasted but i'm sure the freak will be back

the titans have a beast of a defensive line, we just need a little more depth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar