Cutting the Cord to Cable

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Ewker, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Don't invite Titans Eternal. He'll steal all of it.

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Roku. Been using it for 3 years and now have 2. It has about 750+ channels many free some paid but you decide which ones you want and what ones you want to pay for. Some good free ones. Also of course has Netflix,Hulu,Amazon,Vudo,Pandora and much more. Starting at 50$ up to 100$ for the box which is very small. After that noa activation fees or services to join or anything. You own the box the size of a hockey puck
    http://www.roku.com/

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not understanding the drug use but otherwise am jealous of your situation

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Question about Roku...

Can I get all local (network) stations (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX), ESPN, AMC, FX, Comedy Central, and NFL Network?

Those are about the only stations I ever watch. The only need for the local stations is for sports. Otherwise I hate them.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I don't know for sure but you may have to get an HD Antenna http://www.antennaweb.org/ for local stuff. I hope someone else can answer that better than I did

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I hear you. I don't have many vices... I don't drink alcohol, coffee or smoke cigarettes. I don't even smoke marijuana... I just love the hashish. I'm a little high strung so it's actually a good match for my personality. As a rule I only smoke it during my leisure time... never when working, and never use it as an excuse for poor behavior or allow myself to get lazy. I guess in a perfect world I wouldn't smoke the cheese, but it isn't a perfect world and smoke it I do. Honestly it's probably a lot less invasive habit than most people's caffeine addiction (the culture of coffee is pretty crazy).

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Got that right. Never seen so many short tempers in my life than I did when in Seattle. Coffee shops everywhere in that city. Has to be a correlation. Was out there for work with some guys from western North Carolina who are all pretty chill. We were remarking on the way back how on edge everyone there seemed.

They even let tempers flare at their gay pride parade:

http://www.komonews.com/news/crime/...ers-at-Pridefest-214151861.html?tab=video&c=y

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Talked with the wife last night and we decided that when our contract is up in December we're going to "cut the cord" for a 2 month trial period and see how we like it. There will definitely be certain things each of us will miss. But I have a feeling that extra $100/month in our pocket will help ease the pain.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

No. However I went to Big Lots and bought a 17$ HD antenna for my mom and she gets local channels just fine. So she has her roku and then local channels. I have a roku and free basic cable in my place.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I also gave up cable for good a couple years ago and me and the family just watch stuff on netflix or hulu so we haven't missed cable or the bill one bit.I do like quite a few others do on here i find the Titans game online pretty much every week during the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar