Cutting the Cord to Cable

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Ewker, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I figure we will try out the free trials on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon and see how it works before cutting the cord. Then again I could drop cable TV then go back a day later as a new customer and get a better deal

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not a lot of people realize that you can get all the major networks in HD completely for free with a cheap antenna (as long as you live close enough to where they broadcast).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Netflix is the way to go.

Only thing Hulu Plus has that Netflix doesn't is current episodes, but their selection sucks. You can often get the current episodes on Hulu for free on the computer anyways.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I did find this site which will help you see what is out there

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

I would prefer to watch current TV episodes not something that aired 3 yrs ago that may not even be on TV now

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have my TV, internet, and home phone line all bundled with 1 company for $100/month, so I just pay that cause I have a job.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I came very close to cutting the cord last year. The main thing that kept me from doing so was, of course, Titans football. I didn't want to have to go to a bar or friends house for every game. Really, other than football and HBO/Showtime original series I can get access to most everything I care about from Hulu/Amazon/etc. My DirecTV contract is up in December so I'm going to re-evaluate everything then.

I'm paying about $100/month right now and we only watch maybe 20 channels. Cable/Satellite providers are eventually going to have to offer a la carte options. More and more people are just fine streaming these days. And it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify the high monthly costs when Hulu/Netflix/etc. offer so much better bang for your buck.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What company? And what kind of internet service? That's a damn good deal. I pay $100 for DirecTV and another $50 for my internet service. I haven't had a landline in years. Everyone I know just calls my cell so the landline became nothing but a way for telemarketers to bother me.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I pay 40 now for internet and local stations.

I hate watching sports at home. Boring. Is much more fun to watch it with friends at a restaurant/bar. Plus.. here, I only get 1 or 2 titans games per year, and zero Preds games. So completely not worth it. And Sunday ticket is DEFINITELY not worth all the money.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sometimes, but not if youre trying to see every play.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Just can't do it guys. My Cable/Internet is my #1 form of entertainment. I personally have U-Verse which is cheaper than regular cable, and the internet never goes down. Not cheap though, but it saves on taking my wife out to eat or going to movies in the theater

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar