Cutting Our Cable!

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Aqutis30, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Same here. I usually find it fairly easy with Google.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

ESPN used to almost be exclusive, but now with every sports league having their own networks and online media so easily accessible, ESPN is only going to lose more and more viewers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

We went ahead and cut ties with AT&T and then went with Xfinity internet, no cable subscriptions. The digital antenna his given us a little bit of problems here lately but nothing we couldn't handle reception wise.

@Ewker From what I could tell South Mountain is a hill between Hwy 840 south and Nolensville.

5. Fry

It's going to be fun watching the TV network money bubble burst and all these sports leagues scrambling for revenue as attendance continues to decline.

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

ESPN sucks. Channel is more opinion than fact, nowadays. Has been for a long time.

Why would anyone care about Screamin A Smith's opinion on anything?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

ESPN finds these lame dry humor types like Trey Wingo to anchor their shows and act like they have the inside scoop on everything sports. That channel is terrible now. Back when they had Shaun Salisbury and Stuart "Stu" Scott it was really good.

#57 Aqutis30, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Plus, they essentially tell you what to care about. Most sports fans follow 1-2 sports. They give people like me endless baseball news which I care nothing about. Plus their anti-hockey agenda. they've got sour grapes because of NHL's NBC contract. And it's kind of silly to make basketball fans sit through NHL highlights anyway.

I remember watching around the horn.. Sitting around for 20 minutes until they got onto a topic I cared about.

NFL network should eclipse it, if they get their programming up to snuff. But I don't watch either, obviously.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Fry

ESPN has become total gossip news.

Mark Schlabach Quote after Cam and Auburn:

"There is a lot of money to be made by writing negative stories about Auburn (true or not). Our audience wants to read dirt on Auburn so we give them what they want. This is not NPR. ESPN is a business and we have to do what is best for our bottom line"

Same thing happened with FSU. Dalvin Cook witnesses a shooting and ESPN runs this article.

Dalvin Cook of Florida State Seminoles named associate in police report

Then why the **** is it a story on ESPN's front page?!

And then this.

Police release 300 reports on FSU athletes after ESPN request - SBNation.com

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I had to buy another HD antenna that had rabbit ears. I got Channel 4 for 5 minutes then it went away again. I still haven't been able to get it back. Luckily I will take back that one and get me one that goes outside. I will have to have it above the roof line...gee that sounds like the old days..lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar