Cutting Our Cable!

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Aqutis30, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Ok guys I need your help.

My cable bill with AT&T is over $200 with the AU300 cable plan and internet service.

This is a tragedy.

I went to Target and bought a HD TV Antenna and hooked it up to the TV in the spare bedroom, and the picture quality of the 21 channels the TV picked up when scanning are gorgeous. I don't have channel 4, but I do have 2, 5, and FOX (you know why I just need 5 and FOX) for FREE!!!!

So we have decided to just cut our cable and get a decent speed internet from Comcast Xfinity and stream the remaining things we want to see. I hear good reviews with Roku and Google Chrome Cast.

Any suggestions?

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. HD antenna. Good choice. It's the best kept secrete out there. I don't know why more people don't do it.
    2. A buddy of mine has a Roku and enjoys it. I use my PS4 for streaming services that I don't pay for(Netflix and HBOGO) and my computer for WatchESPN.

That's really all you need. You can sub Netflix for Hulu if you want to pay more and watch commercials.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

watch data usage w comcast. they tried to charge us an insanne amount for overusage...and if you gonna stream a lot itll use a lot, so we switched to centurylink they are unlimited and just got hulu and netflix. like 60$ total.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

My wife is the one that wants to go from AT&T Uverse to Comcast. My opinion? I think they both suck sweaty bull nuts but that's all there is here in the Boro. I thought we had Charter here but we don't.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Be looking into a high-powered attic antenna in the future. HOA won't allow big antennas. Which is retarded since they allow DISH.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We cut ours for a year and ended up going back lol. But where live I couldn't get the HD antenna to pick up properly so that was a obviously big drawback.

Never had roku but hear great things from everyone who has it. As for chromecast, I always had little finicky connection issues with ours. I ended up getting the amazon firestick and now the chromecast never gets used.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a HD antenna and Roku. That route is the way to go.

I also have Sling TV ($20/month) which I stream through the Roku... It comes with tons of HD channels such as ESPN, ESPN 2, AMC, CNN, TBS, TNT, History, A&E, etc.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What are spending per month?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My internet is still through AT&T, and it's still too pricy... Like $65 a month just for the Internet, but it's a higher speed.

So all in all between Internet, Netflix, and Sling TV, it's still under $100.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

F cable!!! Cut it off 2 years ago and never once looked back. I've easily saved 1200 dollars the past 2 years.

I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything. We pay for Netflix, my friend tommy pays for Hulu plus, and we share it on out XB1s. Plenty of TV to watch.

Getting addicted to a TV show is literally taking up entire days of our lives. Watching breaking bad took up literally almost 2.6 entire days of my life.

When you can waste that much time of your life with Netflix, I'm simply not sure why paying a lot of money for cable would be necessary.

I grew up with cable, but it only took me a few weeks to stop "missing" it.

I have a DTV antenna, but never even use it. Between Xbox, Hulu, Netflix, DVDs.. We get all of the entertainment we can handle.. For about 8 dollars a month.

Fight the man, cut the cord. I've been trying to trim the fat out of our budget for awhile now.. Saved literally thousands in a couple years from grocery shopping smarter, eating out less, buying no guitars and very few video games (NHL and maybe 1-2 more per year)

Cut all that out, and I really don't feel like I'm missing out on all that much. I was never into game of thrones anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar