Cuts/Waives - Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tennessee, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

The Tennessean reports:

Erron Kinney(knee), Gregg Guenther(hip flexor), Cody Spencer (abdominal/groin), and Antwan Odom(knee) will not play tomorrow.

My question is how do these injuries affect their standings on Saturday's cuts? Is this a way to slip Guenther onto the PS.... ?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe either guy could help. I assume we keep 4 DT's, Al Starks, Jesse, and IMO Clauss should be the guy they'd have to drop 1st.

Cluass is below average against the run. He's quick, but still can get dominated a lot against the run. I thought he looked ok at DE when he played there, and wonder if he could be a swing guy like KC used to be (w/o as much talent of course). Maybe better option than keeping Schobel.

3. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

IMO That's a pretty decent idea I haven't heard before... I must have totally missed him at DE, which game(s) was that?

I would love it if they had someone good enough to pressure them into releasing Schobel.... not that I don't like Schobel, I would just like to have that problem.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Long and Clauss played some DE in 04 when we were lacking healthy depth. I thought Clauss looked more natural there than Long, and he may be more of a run stuffing DE....but it's not like Schobel is a run stuffing DE or pass rushing DE.

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Wasn't he the one that EVERYONE said looks poor? They have on of the worst o-lines in the game don't they? He'd be a step down imo

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've not read much about Fabini. All I've read is that Columbo looks to be the RT, and Pettiti a swing tackle.

I wouldn't look at the whole line and think one player must suck because the line does. They have Flo Adams, but yes the line as a whole sucks.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think the Patriots cut Eric Warfield. Any chance we could grab him for some depth in the secondary?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Can he play safety?

9. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

monty biesel
    jake schifino!!!!!!

10. TM

TM Starter

The Titans were interested in signing Warfield a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar