Cuts and Signings Around the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Doubting is opinions ugly cousin...... lol

and what have we said about opinions?

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Young54

Young54 Starter

This isn't terrible. Especially since I think these leagues tend to favor defenses since you don't need as much chemistry to just go out there and play.

17 sacks in 7 games is rough though. Ouch! Seems like the perfect Tanny back up lol (drum sound).

upload_2022-4-18_12-56-45.png

Regarding the Woodside debate... at this point, might as well keep him. Any "better" replacement will cost more money and we're broke right now. We are blessed to not have needed to use him, and fingers crossed that continues. Kuddos to Tannehill being resilient up to this point (knock on wood).

If the team that ultimately decided to cast away the previous #2 overall pick and replace him with a middling/ previously casted away QB, thinks Logan Woodside > DeShone Kizer, Trevor Siemian, Matt Barkley, Kevin Hogan, and the 7th round Hawaiian, then I'm cool with it. I'll trust JRob and the coaches here. Why make ourselves crazy over it?

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Looks like the Panthers are working on a trade for Baker.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

I am not a Tannehill defender by any means, but I don't think you are fully appreciating how difficult it is to even be a league average QB, which Tanne roughly is. I highly doubt there is a QB in this year's class who will do better than Tanne in 2022. Hell, last year was a pretty amazing QB class, and pretty much all of them were worse than Tanne.

I don't know if Woodside is any good or not. I highly doubt he's anything better than a career backup, but it's impossible to tell really. But him not beating out Tanne doesn't mean he's bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm not disputing Tannehill being average...I was saying some of the blame needs to be on him..average or not...can't keep blaming the OL, the supporting cast, Downing.

The cap hit he has as well (not his doing) with the last 2 playoff exits unfortunately puts him in bad with fans...that's why I said it's a what you've done lately league.
    As far as Woodside I've never said he's bad, I don't know what he is, but the FO obviously sees something or he's just cheap but his role is a backup, so it's what it is.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Second chance may help Baker mature. Sometimes a guy needs the 2x4 treatment to get on track.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not even an explanation to go with it. I know if I’m GM, I don’t even take this comment into consideration and would probably have no issue reminding Anderson he gets paid regardless who is QB.

Needless to say, his complaint doesn’t even make sense. As much as I’d like to see Darnold get a little more time, potentially on a not s***ty team, Anderson’s production would likely increase with mayfield over darnold.

I suppose sometimes players forget where they are on the totem pole of value. As good as Robby Anderson is as like a low #1/#2 WR, he’s not nearly good enough to make these kind of comments.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It might have to do with his history with Darnold from playing together with NYJ?

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I thought that too, but that would also make him one of the very few darnold supporters. I felt his comment was more a knock on mayfield rather than state something supportive about darnold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar