Cuts and Signings Around the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

No to both...they aren't any better than Tannehill at this point

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Cincy did something like this drafting AJ Green in the 1st and Dalton in the 2nd. I don't think they traded though. It worked out well, considering the odds of actually winning a SB.

The difficulty in this is how unlikely it is to get a good QB after round one. I assumed it would be pretty even between top picks vs "developing" a later round guy, but nope. I recently looked at the history and although there are a ton of QB1s that bust, your odds there better than finding the next Russell Wilson. Even finding the next Andy Dalton is very rare.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Fitzpatrick:beerbang:

Newton:puke:

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Fitzpatrick really?
    No to Newton for sure
    To be honest I'd rather just roll with Woodside if something were to happen to Tannehill...they've kept him around there must be something the FO sees??

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t think there’s any interest in signing Fitzpatrick.

But I like the guy, seems like a team guy and I think it’d be cool for him to finally experience the postseason even if it’s as a backup. Problem is, he’s WAYY to costly to sign as a backup.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

They are quite a bit worse.

Newton is done and Fitzpatrick is 63 years old.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Not saying I would want him but it will be interesting to see what Cleveland does with Mayfield....18 million is alot for a backup ....if Watson is suspended he'll stay there.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I hope they are exploring it. Baker only has one year left on his deal. This could be just like THill and we get him and his play improves. He may just need a change of scenery. He is done in Cleveland. They disrespected him.

He is only 27.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Newton is beyond worn out. He only had one really decent year anyway.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I say roll with Woodside...address WR and OL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar