Cuts and Signings Around The NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'd do it the other way around.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Comes down to are you drafting best available or best available position of need. I.e we needed a tackle last year and rolled the dice on wilson. Best available is always best long term and if you have a couple of positions of need also it increases your chance of getting a starter of need. Downside you may only sign average or less after the draft if you don't nail the draft.

I'm kinda hoping we're moving up to get a stud cb/receiver/edge.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe the thought is a rookie is cheaper and could contribute as much as the recent cuts?

Also we are at 5 mil cap space, still need to sign the rookie pool..can't see us restructuring contracts to make room for someone unless they are a must have

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

It would be great. But we still have very little cap room. My guess they won’t sign anyone until after the draft. Most teams will likely take that approach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

It could also be that the Clowney signing has them hopeful for a comp pick as long as they don’t sign anyone until after the draft. But that seems unlikely that they would let someone good slip away now for a potential mid to late round pick in the future.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I thought Autry cancels out Clowney?

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I heard one report that said Autry and Dupree cancel out Jonnu and Davis. They said Jenkins doesn’t count because he was cut, and Lamm cancels out King. Who the heck knows honestly. There are so many intricacies to the formula. For instance I think only the top 35% of free agent contracts count towards the compensatory formula at all.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yep its a little confusing for sure. This is what I was reading

Screenshot_20210419-082933_Chrome.jpg

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I doubt they take into account compensatory picks when roster building. Nice to have, but probably not art of a strategic decision.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Comp picks I would imagine are viewed as bonus picks, nice they can be traded now though

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar