Cuts and Signings Around The NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I thought they attempted to and he couldn’t do it.

he wasn’t a good PR which was supposed to be a big selling point at his draft position.
    I do t think there was any need to put him on offense especially if he was doing his primary job on defense all that great.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

In his rookie year

25 returns 578 yds 23.1 avg

Not great but not a big sample size, I think they made the mistake making him focus just on CB..like you said his selling feature was more than that

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I have to wonder how worried they may have been about injury. He is a small guy and getting him broken on a return would not have been good.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

We used him a few times on PR. He made some really questionable decisions and got lit up.

I doubt the coaches appreciated their starting CB fighting for 2 extra yards, and likely why they didn't put him back there again.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

IIRC he had a punt return TD called back on a irrelevant penalty.

He also had two or 3 solid carries on offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I think its a bit of both.

He didnt light up the world on PR or on Offense, and he was always either injured, coming back from injury, or trying to develop.

So it made sense to let him focus on CB.

Man, i just remembered Mularkeys last game as coach. V the Saints (I think). Less than 7 behind, in our own half, 4th and 10, less than a minute to play. 2 minute drill. Win and in the playoffs.

We called a slant to Adoree on 4th and 10. Adoree was a rookie im pretty sure, with minimal snaps on offense.

Thank god those days are behind us.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Not playing starters on returns in fear of injury is such bs

It was one of his selling features pre-draft, use him

8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Counter-point: getting starters injured on special teams is such BS, especially when the player takes very unnecessary risks.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If it's a skillset they were drafted for, it's not unnecessary risk, it's their job...its football, injuries are unfortunately part of the game

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

yeah, but he wasnt drafted as a returner, he was drafted as a CB who could return. When they started to realize he had not a single ounce of physicality in his entire midget sized body, and he was fragile, they decided to focus on his main attribute which was an average CB.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar