Cutler throws very well at Combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Nash, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Leinhart, I would agree with you because he is a pure pocket passer, but Young is vastly more athletic than both. It is that athletic ability that would allow him to suceed at any school. I have no doubt that if he was at Vandy, Young would have led them to more than the 10-11 wins that Cutler did over 4 years.

I like Cutler alot. I think he will be a fine QB. I have seen him play as much as anyone. On TV and in person. I just personally believe that he is the clear cut #3 QB in a great QB class. Why do some feel like that is some kind of personal insult. If we, for some reason, take Cutler, I would be fine with that because the staff knows WAY more than we all do. Period.

2. I don't take it as an insult. I just don't think Vince Young would have been significantly more successful at Vandy than Cutler was.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I have no doubt he would have been. His ability to run would have won more, imo.

4. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Its definitly a valid opinion and I cant say you're not right. I can see him doing that as well. At the same time (forgive me I got this one from Mayock) there were several passes that Cutler made this year that VY might not have been able to make. At the same time I can see the argument that had VY been there he might not have needed to make those passes. *shrugs*

I don't take any of what you say as an insult. I like your posts. To me those three qbs are close enough that I cant tell who would be better. I agree with you to leave it to the professionals and, though I reserve the right to complain later (as any fan should), I cant blame the Titans for whoever they choose (qb or not).

:cool2:

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Prag...

You are one of the more rational posters to come around. Enjoy your posts as well.

When I say that Young would do better it is because of my belief he has more physical tools available to him. He has shown he can win a game virtually by himself. With out him, no way does Texas beat USC. That is not to say that Cutler isn't good. Heck, I think Manning wouldn't have done as good as a job as Young if they played for Vandy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar