Current list of FA's with whom The Titans might "update their files"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If Bud gives Coach Munchak the green light to spend once FA kicks off then I think it'll help out a lot. I can see him having Rex Ryan-like success or better just as soon if not sooner.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm sure Ryan agreed to take the job in NY based on bringing in "his" guys.
    No way Munch carries that kinda weight with ownership. Forget the "names" - just bring in the right people.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

A good thing about the new CBA is there is more than likely going to be a salary cap minimum (which was part of the agreement if there was going to be a rookie salary cap). This means we will HAVE to spend at least 93% (that's the number I've been hearing) of the salary cap each year. So if teams are required to do that, perhaps that means Bud will be more inclined to go sign some players that can help us instead of signing 8 $1 million guys.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Someone with the resources can post the numbers but I don't think The Titans are one of the teams that would have to spend more to meet the proposed minimum.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Rex Ryan and The Jets also had the luxury of signing/trading for all of those guys in an uncapped year. I mean, my God, how many former first round picks did they have on offense alone this past year? Sanchez, LT, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller, D'Brickishaw Ferguson, and Nick Mangold are the ones who I KNOW were first rounders off the top of my head.

Rex Ryan isn't the miracle worker people make him out to be. Give anyone a roster like that and they'll make the playoffs.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It certainly helps, but simply having a roster full of 1st rounders doesn't automatically win them any games. Rex is an awesome coach, he's the reason that team has gone to two consecutive AFC Title games. He knows what buttons to push to get his guys to show up each Sunday. His methods are unorthodox for sure, but who cares, it works.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

I think the problem there is that his style only works for so long before it becomes stale.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Perhaps, but isn't that true for everyone? New schemes and strategies are only new one time, after a year of it on film, it gets figured out and loses its effect.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

I'm not talking about x and o's. I'm talking about his message to the players. His motivation tools.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd love some big name FAs like NA, Sidney Rice, Charles Johnson.. but lets be honest.. why would they want to play on the Titans? All 3 could get good $$ deals on a championship caliber team.

I would love to cut Hope, and sign a SS.. but I also don't see that happening. I see the Titans trying to keep their main FAs and then going after some roster fillers/2nd stringers.

I see us going hard after Tulloch & Hall, and should be able to re-sign them. Although I could see Tulloch leaving for more money (mostly due to who his agent is). I also see us getting some FAs on our line, will we re-sign Babin? I wasn't super fond of him, but starting to like him as time goes by. Not sure how he fits with the new system, I could see him taking a salary cut just to get a multi-year deal (4-5 years). He was a journeyman and played on 4 or 5 teams before landing with the Titans, probably just wants to find a team and stick with them. I could see him following Washburn to Philly also. We def need to find a STARTING DE to lineup next to Morgan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar