Current list of FA's with whom The Titans might "update their files"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This sounds like the ideal LB we should target.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If you think about it, we can almost overpay for a good Saftey if we let Hope go. He's due something crazy like $6.5 million. If we let him go, we could use that money plus a little extra to get a guy we really need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Purging Hopes 2011 dues isn't necessarily available money. That said, if KFC/VY money is bigger than Locker/FAQB money then there could be a chunk of change available, assuming CJ doesn't get all of that.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Should we not be sitting pretty nice anyway? I am asking because I do not know what our cap looks like.

Plus we need to cut Gage and that one DT we got from Tampa whos name I have already forgotten.

5. Big Time Titan

I think we should have plenty of cap space even if we don't cut Hope. As for that scrub of a DT he needs to hit the road for sure.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Someone should really come up with a web-site that lists all available free agents, every teams payroll amount, and list the salary of each player. It would make discussions like this a lot easier if that info was readily available, instead of having to scour the internet for it.

Now, as for the D-line, who are some good DT's or DE's available? Would we be better off for JJ to play outside and get a good DT or inside and get a good DE?

I think if we sure up Safety and the D-line we might be ok.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haye stinks, what a bummer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

You ain't even playin', dude is trash. Just another one of Fisher's great FA additions. They were crazy for thinking that we could sign Haye to fill AH's shoes. He was coming off an injury-shortened season in TB and we give him that ridiculous 4-year $16 Million contract. And get jacks-h!+ for it. That has to be one of the worst contracts we've given out that we've gotten burned on.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Haye was crap but even at the time they made it clear he wasn't replacing anyone. They hoped he could be part of rotation..

10. Big Time Titan

Yeah but get this. We had just lost the most dominant DT in the game (at the time) and the Haye signing was all that we did to help out the position and it clearly hasn't been near enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar