Current list of FA's with whom The Titans might "update their files"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

You heard it here first.
    If you guys need a safety Reed Doughty is likely an option.
    Based off nothing more then a hunch.
    [​IMG]
    He a solid form tackler, smart player that has scheme familiarity w/ Jerry Gray.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Like does he suck, you being serious or joking? If he's an upgrade over Hope and an actual possibility then I wouldn't be against it.

3. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

He's a solid player.
    Not overly physically gifted but fundamentally sound.
    Solid tackler but not a big hitter.
    Decent in zone coverage, not in man to man but coverage really isn't his strength.
    Good blitzer.
    Very smart player who knows the defense, knows everyone assignemnt and can help people get lined up.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So cut every player who had an off season with injuries? Cut half the team then?

We have nobody inside who is proven if Jj moves to end!

And how ignorant you are of finances. They just paid him a signing bonus so consider that a write off? They want to get something for their investment and his $4M salary is hardly going to break the bank.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Every off season we have people with this moronic attitude that anything new is better than what we have. Let's dispose of a guy who is only 30 because he had a knee problem last year.

Of course many of those same people are the ones who insist that non productive bench warmers like a Lavelle Hawkins are worth a damn and not only should we keep them but they should play more.

The idea is to add to the team not replace guys with somebody who is no better. Amano and Brown got new contracts last year. They are not going to dump a player in just the 2nd year of a contract!

Tulloch has been a good player for us why replace him with somebody who is not as good?

I do think we should get Hope's replacement at safety this year but maybe still keep Hope. We have been walking this tightrope the last few years by only having 2 capable safeties. Why not go into the season with 3?

Gerald Sensabaugh is the safety i would go after. A great athlete he is big enough to play like a strong safety but athletic enough to be a free safety. His 46 inch vertical is still a combine record and he is only 28.

Go into the year with Griffin-Hope-Sensabaugh so in 2012 we already have the guy to replace Hope and if somebody goes down it's not a crisis Donnie Nickey moment.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Gerald Sensabough has been let go by two very safety needy teams in the Jags and Cowboys. I don't see him as an upgrade, if he is it's a marginal one.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously it depends on how healthy Brown is near the end of training camp and how well he is playing. If it looks like he has chronic problems that hinder his performance there is justification to let him go even if they have to take a hit on the CAP. If he can't play he can't play. The team drafted two DTs and has been open about looking for a big body in FA. Brown also might not fit the new scheme as well as he fit the old one. If he can still play I doubt they let him go but if he isn't 100% it is a possibility.

Rocker basically has said they will review their options when they get everyone in camp and in discussing JJ he said they would consider moving JJ to DE but wouldn't do so if that left the middle weak. The team basically has three rookies they want to evaluate before they settle on who plays where (Klug is also in the mix but where) and of course Brown's health could define where JJ ends up along with whoever they bring in as a FA. If they do something like sign Mebane, a guy who fits the new scheme, they shore up the middle and make some of the existing DTs expendable and/or they can move JJ to DE.

Gerald Sensabough would be a possibility. If they sign a SS my guess is they get someone who isn't near the top in pay but wait and get one of the guys who isn't signed right away. Right now S is tough to read except they didn't draft anyone new. Does that man they have confidence in one of the guys already on the roster or does that mean they ar planning on adding one in FA?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We could, I mean this team is used to being out of position and pursuing from behind. Thanks Chuck Cecil.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well if Hope would stop biting on EVERY SINGLE PLAYACTION FAKE then there would be less pursuing from behind, at least in the secondary. I refuse to blame CC for Hope always biting on the play action.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

With the new CBA it seems any RFA who has 4+ years of service will not be an UFA. So with that being said, who do you think the Titans will re-sign?

Ahmard Hall
    Randy Moss
    Bo Scaife
    Leroy Harris
    Jacob Ford
    David Thornton
    Stephen Tulloch
    Jason Babin
    David Ball

I believe those are all of our main UFAs. Who do you guys want to keep? I def want Hall back, he's one of the best FBs in the league. Bye Bye Moss, Scaife, and Thornton. Would like to keep Tulloch, Babin, Ball, Ford, and Harris is the price is right. Although I think Tulloch will leave for more $, since we have McCarthy, Curran, and Ayers would could play MLB - I think we prepared ourselves to cut ties with Tulloch.. Babin would probably stay if we give him a multi-year deal, since he's been bounced around alot.. Ball would re-sign IMO and same with Harris as long as we offer a fair contract. Ford is a wild-card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar