Crazy stat: A Titans QB has never thrown for 25 or more touchdowns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

in a season...

We haven't seen a QB produce even 1 stellar season stats wise, or a QB you could consistently win with besides McNair, and we've never had an elite QB since coming to Nashville..

When you look at the few other teams that have suffered the same drought since 1998, playoff wins are hard to find.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

interesting stat. Did not know that. I did know McNair was over-romanticized by fans, but I figured even he had thrown for more than 25 at some point.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

But they have accounted for 25 tds if u count rushing tds.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's pretty sad considering 25 TDs isn't even some great achievement these days. To be fair though, I believe you have to go back to like 2002 or something to find a Titan QB who actually started a full season for us (I looked it up not long ago but can't remember what the exact year was). That's the much more troubling stat to me.

We've had zero consistency/reliability at the QB position pretty much our entire existence as a franchise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

2002 is correct with regard to the last time we had a qb play a full season for us. very sad indeed and wish we could find consistency at the most important position.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sad thing is I think Locker really could be that guy. But he just cannot stay healthy. I know some people say "injury prone" doesn't really exist and it's really just bad luck. Whatever you want to call it... injury prone... unlucky, some guys just have a knack for getting sidelined. And that's an unacceptable quality in a franchise QB. Maybe if you got a guy like Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers you suck it up and deal with it. But considering where Jake is at, after 3 years in the league, unfortunately I think we just gotta move on.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Matt Hasselbeck, most passing yards in a season by a Titan.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

if mcccarthy can somehow stay healthy for the rest of the year that gives great hope for jake lol

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

More than VY? I don't believe it!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar