Coyle Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. maximus

maximus Starter

I really believe there is no way that Leinhart becomes a Titan, especially when his former college OC doesnt believe his arm his that strong. Granted there is more to being a QB than having a strong arm(intagibles) and Leinhart has them but I think Lienhart will need to be in a very QB friendly offense for him to suceed.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Max, I keep hearing this rumor that Chow said this but have yet to see it confirmed.

I don't see why Leinart would not be successful running the same offense he ran to win two National Championship and a Heiman Trophy. And I would give up a little arm strength for the other abilities Leinart brings.

If he is available at #3, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Does anyone have any proof that Chow said that? I hear it on the message boards, but no one has a source. In every interview I have hear from Chow about Leinhart, which hasn't been many, he has just talked about how good he is. Heck, Manning doesn't have a "cannon" either...

I am with you Jeff...Leinhart or Young...win/win in my book.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It could be that Chow did say Leinart wasn't physically in the league with Carson Palmer. That doesn't mean Chow wouldn't be happy to get Leinart.

6. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

I believe he said it on the radio really early in the year, but I can't really remember when. And if I remember correctly he said he doesn't know if Leinhart has the arm strength, which is slightly different.

I have my own doubts about his arm strength. Manning doesn't have a cannon, true. But would anyone here say that Leinart has Manning's arm? I honestly don't know. I do know that Leinhart floats the deep ball too much for the nfl, but that could just be a college habit. Its strongly possible we could get ML, but if we do then I'll be confident that its a good pick. Actually I'll probably be the most confident, because if anyone knows the strengths and weakness of Leinhart- its Chow. (Which means I'll be equally confident if we let him pass) :))

Someelse said that he/she would sacrifice a little arm strength for the other abilities he has. I have to agree, but with the other two candidates we might be able to get both (arm strength and the other abilities). :))

7. maximus

maximus Starter

The article about Matt Leinhart appeared in the Tennessean several months ago and said that Palmer and Leinharts arm strenght arent in the same league(Palmers being the stronger one)

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Palmer does have a stronger arm than Leinhart. Jeff George had a cannon for an arm. Heath Shuler's arm was amazing....

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I really don't care who has the stronger arm, as long as it's our receivers who are catching the ball.

I'd take Leinart if he was there. I'm still watching Cutler, but right now it's whomever is available between Young and Leinart.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

For me, the beauty of this draft is that I'd be thrilled to get Bush, Leinart or Young and one of them is probably ours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar