Covid vaccinations for children

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by 8Bruce8, Oct 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Hey guys

Currently in the process of booking a cruise around US and the Caribbean but I've had 2 cruise companies cancel because we are traveling with a 7 year old who is and will be unvacinated.

We live in the UK and have had no talk of vaccinations for kids under 12, even 12 to 16 is not been fully put through.

I find this very bizzare for a holiday company to put this pressure on parents and I can't find any information on us policy mandating under 12s needing to be vaccinated before arrival.

The most frustrating problem is it takes over 30 days to get the holiday money back from the company and I would like some ammunition to fire back to the very unhelpful call handlers.

2. big22tt

big22tt Special Teams Standout

Dang that stinks but big corporations can do whatever they want. Covid has just made that idea more abundantly clear.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Even the mere frictional possibility of a Covid outbreak on one of their ships could cripple the company.

We're doing a Disney cruise in November. My whole family will need to get tested 3 days before, then again our kids (under 12) will be tested prior to boarding... THEN tested exiting!

But I get it.

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Jab your kid! Nothing to worry about.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Testing is fine, I get that but I don't even think you can get your kid vaccinated in the UK. I don't even think there has been conclusive research for under 12s getting vaccinated. If this is seen as problem I find it very unprofessional flagging this up after you've given them thousands and then having to wait 30+ days on getting your money back.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

This will be a productive conversation!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That stinks and absolutely frustrating but for me, once I know a business is enforcing vaccine card or negative test, they lose my business. It’s tough and you may miss out on something like a cruise ship, but it’s the only way for these companies to learn it’s not ok to force proving vaccine status which is honestly non of their business.

I’d suggest using the money elsewhere or hold on for a bit longer for the world to finally move on from COVID.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

I have a 16/13 yo that I won’t get vaccinated for as long as possible. My older 2 are adults so they speak for themselves but around 10 years ago had a huge scare regarding a different vaccine that was pushed and was shortly stopped for awhile due to infertility issues that were presented,
    I’ll give the COVID vaccines more time for any long term effects.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

I laughed at this because I agree, this is probably going off the rails soon but also because your comment added no production, nice touch.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

A very well thought out response. Nicely done sir! :disbelief:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar