Courtland Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finnegan only got that interception because of the hit by Odom forced the pass over the WRs head.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I have been preaching it ever since last year. Finny will start for this team, this year.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

That, and Stallworth slipped on the wet grass, and couldn't make a play on the ball.

But the bottom line was, Finnegan was in the proper position to make a play...and when an opportunity presented itself, he took full advantage.

A lot of guys might have let the wet ball slide through their hands, or watched it sail out of bounds....Finnegan made a play. That's what he does.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO Harper should be battling Griffin for a starting job IF they insist on playing Griffin at CB. Finnegan shouldn't even be in a competition IMO. Let him start and play. He will keep getting better and might end up being the best CB we have. If Griffin can't beat out Harper move him to FS. Obviously nobody has stepped up to take LTs job. Maybe the Titans will work a trade with LT?

5. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

i wouldnt get too hyped up about finnegan. remember last time we hyped a 7th round pick. r.hill. he did good but then we realized that he wasnt that good, i think we should give finnegan some more time till we anoint him with sacred oil. i mean hes exciting, and full of energy and we need that now that pac is gone but i wouldnt be sure hes the greatest thing on earth

6. But, Finnegan has done a lot better so far in his sophmore campaign unlike that of Hill. Finnegan is also much more athletic and was a complete stud in college. I know that he went to a small college but just look at the accomplishments.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Finnegan, unlike Hill, plays healthy all the time. Hill played with some odd lingering injury and another one acquired later in the season last year. Not making excuses but i doubt playing injured brings out the best in people.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hard to judge hill on last year based on his undisclosed injury. But those two are in open competition, I'd hope one could start. I'm really happy with them as backups though.

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Finnegan is starting at cornerback....what the heck are you talkin about??? He has started the last 2 preseason games i do believe. And as far as micheal griffin, he did have 2 interceptions last game, so he must be doing something good at cornerback.

10. One thing that i do really like about Griffin is that he seems to attack the ball. Most cornerbacks just let it get to the receiver and tackle them, but he wrestled the ball out of the WR's hand to get his first int.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar