Could we use a veteran receiver ? If so , who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nytitaner, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

We have a nice group of young wideouts but could use another veteran besides Matthews as well as camp bodies. What vets are available and who would be a good fit?

2. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

I like that Vrabel wants competition at every position. With that being said we should bring in Dez to compete with Matthews and Davis to start

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

absolutely no to Dez. Rather bring in someone without a big name.

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

JRob said we may look into a vet but I'd expect it'd be a lower tier WR than Dez.

5. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

I don’t think this is a move that needs to be made. If anyone i’d say Jeremy Maclin. But I am thinking Deontay Burnett can be a solid addition and has a good chance to make the roster. Still holding out hope for them to sign Carrington as well.
    I’d say no to Dez as well.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

We have enough WRs as it is - lets worry about developing them instead of bringing a washed up veteran that wont even contribute. See Decker last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I think a veteran receiver is needed , just not sure who is still out there.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think we need to groom these guys we have. Davis, taylor and sharpe all need as much pt as posible. I understand wanting another set of sure vet hands, but walker and mathews will be fine imo. But, I'd be ok with bringing in a vet if the coaches aren't confident in sharpe

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

All of our wr te and MM will look alot better when they are actually coached and 2 or 3 of them are not running the same route. Taylor played great when Mularkey would let him play. Davis is fixing to be a house hold name this year!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dontrelle Inman or Dez would be solid. Both under 30 still with some upside

Inman seems more than capable when hes actually being thrown to. And Dez could get his revenge on Dallas this year if he comes over.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar